DVDVR Message Board

The 2021 WWE Forever Purge - Part 3 of ?

Gonzo

1 hour ago, worldcupfever said:

Wrestling Nick Gage can also be the end of one's career.

You have no faith in the power of the GCW Universe. Matt Cardona will have his GCW moment in front of the dozens and dozens of GCW fans in attendance.

Edited by Wyld Samurai
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, just drew said:

I would think Rousey & Baszler could've protected Shafir better than Roderick Strong. So much for Horsewomen vs. Horsewomen. No excuse for that not happening somewhere. 

Considering Shafir's last job before WWE was in a coffeehouse, she's still better off than she was.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, just drew said:

Did Tino know he was still under contract? Bc I don’t think anyone else did…

Sabbatelli was the the one who was released, wrestled for AEW, gave away some surprise, then re-signed with WWE, right?!

EDIT: Yeah that was him

https://itrwrestling.com/news/people-in-aew-allegedly-believe-nxts-tino-sabbatelli-leaked-dynamite-spoilers/

Edited by caley

5 hours ago, Casey said:

I'm not trying to go the route of "hurr hurr AEW good WWE bad", but one clearly sees where the future is headed, and the other one just wants as much money as possible no matter how many murderers they have to deal with.

I'm laughing way too hard at this.  The insincerity of the first part of that sentence is hilarious.

6 hours ago, Eoae said:

I sort of agree, but writing for General Hospital isn't much different than writing for the Blacklist or a sitcom.  And, generally, if you get a job writing for a network soap or primetime show, you have some sort of experience.  Been to film school, took screenwriting classes, gotten published in another medium, interned for a production company, etc.  You don't know the characters or storylines, but you have some idea how to write a usable script for an hourlong tv show.

Writing for the WWE is probably very different.  Guessing the learning curve was probably considerable even if all she really needed to do was learn names and characters.  That would still be a lot to keep track of for someone not in the business.  

In any case, broadcasting how little she knew about the product probably wasn't a great idea.  Right or wrong, Vince has proven in the past (two months. lol) how much patience he has for something like that.  

Writing for the WWE isn't all that different than any other serial drama but it's harder because it's live. You have to write within certain time limits because of live commercials. On top of it, you also have performers who have to also make sure they nail their cues and have to pause and react to an audience. And some of the performers may have just wrestled and have an injury or are just winded. Or some of the performers suck at performing or go into business for themselves and don't care about time constraints or where they're supposed to stand. Or a wrestler will get injured in the 6th minute of a 14 minute match.

The only other show that's anything like the WWE in its format is Saturday Night Live. 

I really don't think wrestling fans appreciate just how fucking insane it is for the WWE to have consistently had live shows for this many years. It's always a huge deal if they miss a pinfall or something on camera. That's because their production is so ridiculously good that any mistakes really stand out. That's not to say that everything Kevin Dunn does works. But it's just nuts how they are able to pull together a few hours of live shows a week, especially factoring in all of the variables that can happen. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Eoae said:

I'm laughing way too hard at this.  The insincerity of the first part of that sentence is hilarious.

I mean, if you're an indy star, what reason is there to sign with WWE right now? On the off chance you do make it to tv before you get released, you're usually gonna end up looking like an idiot for 8-12 weeks before the Old Man and Podcast Prichard lose interest... and THEN you get released. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, just drew said:

I mean, if you're an indy star, what reason is there to sign with WWE right now? On the off chance you do make it to tv before you get released, you're usually gonna end up looking like an idiot for 8-12 weeks before the Old Man and Podcast Prichard lose interest... and THEN you get released. 

It's still the biggest game in town and most go in with the attitude that it's not going to happen to them.

• Like 4

Well this is some shitty news to come online. Ever Rise & Breezango being gone just feels wrong. Really dug Dain's team with Drake.

Have to admit that the 205Live guys released feels like it should have happened already outside of Ever Rise. Most of them just never showed much personality whenever they showed up on NXT. Bollywood Boys were ok henchmen for bumping but not much else. 

I wonder if WWE can stop/would Breezango being The Fashion Police?

Their act can work in basically every wrestling promotion in the world.

5 hours ago, nofuture said:

It's still the biggest game in town and most go in with the attitude that it's not going to happen to them.

Also you're going to get really good training, access to world class facilities, physical therapy, I think educational access etc etc. 

15 hours ago, D.Z said:

It's Ace, that's his job.

It’s the company. The company fires/hires people. No one has free reign to just go and fire people in pretty much any corporation anywhere. People always want to pin it on someone, but multiple hands are in these decisions. 

It is ironic that on the day where about 80% of the cruiserweight get fired that it is Killian Dain and NOT Drake Maverick getting fired.  Although I think even the WWE realizes the horrible optics of firing someone 2 years in a row