DVDVR Message Board

The DC Entertainment Thread

Raziel

I think if they were to use actors from Arrow on the big screen, they'd straight up have to stop the show.

Otherwise there would probably be a bunch of restrictions put on the show's storylines. In Agents of SHIELD, they show clips of The Avengers but never their faces because they would probably have to pay the actor if they do. Imagine if they use Oliver Queen or The Flash from Arrow in a Justice League movie or even Batman vs Superman. When it's time to negotiate contracts, those actors are now a lot more valuable and it's going to increase the cost of producing the show.

Obviously it's a few years away at least, but Del Toro was talking about keeping the new Constantine TV show consistent with the Justice League Dark/Heaven Sent film project he wants to do and the DCU overall. The rumor mill has it that he may already have a writer for the film.

So from MoS to MoS2 they're going to introduce Batman, Robin (Sorry, Nightwing), and now Wonder Woman? Without ANY other movie inbetween? Nope, won't be a clusterfuck at all. AT ALL. (And a slap in the face to fans for introducing a new Batman in a Superman movie instead of, you know, a Batman movie)

So from MoS to MoS2 they're going to introduce Batman, Robin (Sorry, Nightwing), and now Wonder Woman? Without ANY other movie inbetween? Nope, won't be a clusterfuck at all. AT ALL. (And a slap in the face to fans for introducing a new Batman in a Superman movie instead of, you know, a Batman movie)

Relax.  Another Batman is coming. Just be excited this will be the first time in the DC (movie) Universe we will see more than one superhero (outside of their own family) on screen at the same time.  Not everyone needs to have an origin story the first time you see them.

• Like 1

Even Batman appearing in Man of Steel 2 wouldn't be a slap in the face.

HE'S BATMAN.

Everyone knows who he is, everyone loves him. Putting Batman in another franchise should do nothing but help it.

Is Batman appearing in the Lego Movie a hit to the bricks?

It's not going to be "Batman vs Superman", so get that out of your head.  

Yeah, Bruce and Clark (and now Diana) will fight at some point (probably with Bruce winning to finally get Kal under control) but I think the main plot will be the rebuilding of Metropolis, Luthor turning the people against this insanely dangerous alien, and Batman and Wonder Woman trying to figure out who's side the alien is on.

According to Fusible, Warner Bros have registered the following domain names that apparently indicate potential titles for the Man of Steel sequel:

• Man of Steel: Battle the Knight
  • Man of Steel: Beyond Darkness
  • Man of Steel: Black of Knight
  • Man of Steel: Darkness Falls
  • Man of Steel: Knight Falls
  • Man of Steel: Shadow of the Night
  • Man of Steel: The Blackest Hour
  • Man of Steel: The Darkness Within

Battle the Knight, Black of Knight, Knight Falls and The Blackest Hour have also been registered, so those might be the greatest contenders.

Agree 100% that you don't need an origin story every time you introduce a character. But to throw in a major a character as Batman into a Superman movie along side two other fairly major characters just reeks of "Trying to catch up with the Avengers"-itis.

Of course, if this isn't MoS2, but just a D.C. movie in general, it's a moot point.

I've heard rumors that BatFleck is only in it 20 minutes or so. I have problems believing that, though, because how can you sell a movie with a title Superman vs Batman and only bring him in at the end or whatever. Then again this is DC, I'm sure they'll fuck up the unfuckupable.

This definitely seems more like a soft launch of a JLA movie more than a sequel. Which is pretty dangerous actually because let's be honest, seeing Bats and Supes together is the big money draw. Nobody outside of fanboys are dying to see GL and Cyborg fight alongside Supes because they aren't iconic characters and DC never bothered to set thrm up with movies first. Then again considering what garbage MoS was, I'm kinda glad this is more of a JLA movie as a straight sequel held little appeal.

Anyway, I like the Gadot choice at least. My greatest fear was they'd cast some bland white bread actress like Minka Kelly or Ashley Greene instead of someone more identifiably ethnic.

If people need another Batman origins then I don't know what to say, Batman Begins is right there. Knock yourself out.  As far as Wonder Woman goes... I mean I'm not going to be sad if she doesn't get her own film. If would be maybe moderately successful anyway, at best. Flash should have his own and from my understanding that will happen.