DVDVR Message Board

The DC Entertainment Thread

Raziel

Yeah, that's the same complaint I've been making about it for years.

I would go a bit further, end with Dent on the run, right when Joker got captured, but the basic point stands.

That said, The Dark Knight is still overall absurdly good.  The only super hero movies I definitely like more than it are Spider-man 2, Captain America: The First Avenger, and The Avengers.

He was already SUPERMAN. He just didn't have the suit. Clark's heart to heart conversations with Pa is some of the best shit in any comic book film. Costner owned. I will concede that the script is the worst part about the film but I still don't think it's bad. It's just not great.

Now.. Snyder..  he receives all kinds of hate and I'll say it for the third time. NOBODY could have done a better job with this film than him. Snyder is so fucking underappreciated it's unbelievable.

Yes, the action looked good.  I don't think there is anybody arguing against that point.

Doesn't do anything to change all the things I fucking hated about it.

(Oh, and, I'm the guy who called Snyder the second best action/sfx director in the world behind James Cameron before the movie came out...)

I don't know if I can live in a world where people think CA is better than TDK.

Would you say it's a SLAP IN THE FACE?!?!?

No, I'd say it's a life-altering paradigm that has zero merit, rather than an obviously desperate maneuver to catch up with #1.  

The best description I've ever seen of that film is that it's a terrible Batman movie, but a great Tim Burton movie.

Man, I don't know. It's really good. Elfman's score +1's over the first film (The Penguin theme is pretty awesome), Selina's breakdown into Catwoman is amazing. The fights aren't JAW DROPPING, but I don't feel like any of the Batman movies have had a big stand out fight sequence. Plus the Red Triangle Gang is probably the best group of henchmen in a super hero movie.

Plus, army of penguins with rocket launchers > Bane's nuke on a humvee

The big problems that seem to come from Batman fans are that Batman really isn't in it that much (a complaint echoed with DKR) and that the plot kinda makes no fucking sense at all.

I lovee it and hate it in equal measure.  It's an absolute mess, but it's such a fascinating mess.

It's an absolute mess, but it's such a fascinating mess.

I can accept this.

I think my best argument for it is that there's never a moment I want to fast forward through. Batman Begins is probably my second favorite Bat film using this criteria. Even Dark Knight has long expanses of Heathless scenes that feel like a four hour Raw.

Pfieffer nails it. Hell, I might watch this again later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lalexosgwUk

• Like 1

Batman Returns was a fabolous mess (and enormous part of my childhood) just for the reason they made Michelle Pfeiffer into a bird eating cosplay lunatic. Not even Catwoman but just some crazy, hot lady. If you're going to go way into left field, that's where you go. Not whatever the fuck Jim Carrey was doing in Forever.

Arrow's usually pretty damn good. I thought they'd save the Brother Blood reveal til later, but oh well. I'm curious how they get Barry next to that accellerator next week.

I found it interesting that they not only backdoored the Flash in the episode, but also Hourman -- or at least Miraclo.

So far I'm not into the Barry Allen character, but maybe he'll win me over.  The Barry/Felicity thing works even if it was a bit forced ("OMG! He knows what a centrifuge is!" *moisten*)

Oliver's plan to nail the bad guy's feet to the floor was pretty good.  That his follow-up was anything but "Back off and arrow the fuck out of his eyes" is a bit of a head-scratcher.

I liked the twist with Moira pulling out the Ra's al-Ghul card on Malcolm Merlyn. 

batman forever remains my personal favorite batman movie ever. followed by TDK.

on the opposite end of the spectrum, batman&robin is the most vile batshit ever. DKR would be second worst.

fuck it. list time. my favorite batmovies. not best, just favorite:

Batman Forever

The Dark Knight

Batman (1966)

Batman Begins

Batman (1989)

Batman Returns

Dark Knight Rises

Batman & Robin