DVDVR Message Board

The DC Entertainment Thread

Raziel

I think they've been punking us and developing a Justice League movie the whole time.

BUT HOW CAN THEY DO THAT WITHOUT ORIGIN STORIES FOR EVERY CHARACTER?

They are probably going to make this the origin story for a couple of them at least.

I think they've been punking us and developing a Justice League movie the whole time.

Reading some of the recent articles It feels more, and more likely they're going to tease us with cameos of heroes(Flash, GA, GL) doing their thing, but we'll never see their faces, and they'll cast those parts later on for the big JL movie.

Nobody outside of fanboys are dying to see GL and Cyborg fight alongside Supes because they aren't iconic characters and DC never bothered to set thrm up with movies first.

Henry Cavill supposedly wants to see Cyborg.

"Marvel Cinematic Universe" - $4,100,163,122

"plus The Avengers" - $1,518,594,910

"Batman is serious business" - $2,463,216,126

"MoS/GL" - $882,696,690

Iron Man 3 out-performed MoS, Green Lantern and Batman Begins COMBINED.  Shockingly Captain America had a better foreign take than a domestic take.  I'll chalk it up to its quality.

• Like 1

This whole Marvel v. DC movie thing is as insufferable as any Gonzalez post. Seriously.

When I was a kid I literally prayed for any comic book movie to be made and as an adult I go to see all of them. Some of them I like, some I don't. Everyone should shut the fuck up and just enjoy superhero shit.

• Like 4

This whole Marvel v. DC movie thing is as insufferable as any Gonzalez post. Seriously.

When I was a kid I literally prayed for any comic book movie to be made and as an adult I go to see all of them. Some of them I like, some I don't. Everyone should shut the fuck up and just enjoy superhero shit.

Whem i was a kid and young adult, i saw every comic book movie to support the cause.

Now, i only see maybe 10% of them of that because of how uninteresring they are to me.

Impossible, Marvel didn't do it and their way is the only way.

Not the only way.  But the most successful way.  

I would like to see more in-depth analysis on this because my theory is that without Downey Jr.'s Iron Man... none of this is nearly as successful. Not that Cap or Thor were failures or anything but they were not crazy numbers..  Thor did $450M worldwide and Cap did $370M.

Then Avengers comes out and blows everything away. Iron Man 3 had a crazy bump but Thor also had a nice bump. Avengers is what did it and Downey is the guy putting asses in seats.

I think the Avengers bump will last through the next few movies - a lot of people liked what they saw there and Thor 2 continued with the funny/action mix, so they're safe through GotG at least, which given the teaser appears to be an attempt at broadening the niche a bit.

DC fans will just get a shitty film.

All 3 Batman films were at least "good"...  The Dark Knight is tremendous.

Man of Steel was fucking great.

Green Lantern sucked.

4/5 isn't bad.

TDK trilogy isn't part of this new DC Cinematic Universe. Otherwise I could just cite the shit that was Batman Forever and B&R. But yes, TDK trilogy is awesome, the standard that all comic book movies should be held against (And I'm probably in the minority that thinks DKR is slightly better than TDK).

Maybe it's because I think Superman is just an all-and-all lame superhero, but I thought MoS was by no means "fucking great." It's probably as good as you can get for a Superman stand-alone movie. It doesn't even begin to touch any of Nolan's films with a 10 foot pole.

Green Lantern was B&R bad.