DVDVR Message Board

The DC Entertainment Thread

Raziel

Also, Olga Kurylenko might be Wonder Woman.

Jaimie Alexander might be up for the role as well. 

There's a Man of Steel event on Saturday with Zack Snyder, Henry Cavill, & Amy Adams for the Blu Ray release. Kevin Smith is hosting and apparently said on his podcast, there will be artwork from Batman vs Superman and maybe a few announcements. 

Yeah, people are assuming its Wondy because the casting call specifies the woman must be around 6'0 and athletic. I suppose it could be because Batfleck is 6'4 and they don't want Bruce dating a spinner but c'mon. When you add that to the fact the woman rumored to have tested mentioned above are all exotic-types, it's Diana.

Wondy, Supes, possibly Nightwing...  This movie is gonna be such a clusterfuck. 

i really want to completely skip this movie

I'm not sure I should even ask....  but why?

two main things. i didn't really enjoy the (first) Man of Steel movie, and there's pretty much no way that i can see Ben Affleck as Batman.  with those two points, there's next to no chance of me enjoying this one, so figured it's just better to pass on it.

• Like 1

Yeah, people are assuming its Wondy because the casting call specifies the woman must be around 6'0 and athletic. I suppose it could be because Batfleck is 6'4 and they don't want Bruce dating a spinner but c'mon. When you add that to the fact the woman rumored to have tested mentioned above are all exotic-types, it's Diana.

Wondy, Supes, possibly Nightwing...  This movie is gonna be such a clusterfuck. 

That description fits a lot of characters in the DCU.

MoS2 is sounding like one giant shitfest the more I hear about it, and I'm not even upset over Affman. What the hell is the logic behind skipping over Robin and jumping right to Nightwing? There's a good proportion of the general audience that doesn't read comics that has no idea who Nightwing is. If they wanted to include him in MoS3 or some other eventual sequel, after establishing the Robin character, fine. But skipping over the first part just screams "we'll throw some shit at the wall and see what sticks." Not going to comment on the Wonder Woman rumors since there's a good probability it's not her they're casting, but like hell I'd know who the character is supposed to be.

• Like 1

On his weekly Podcast "Hollywood Babble-On with Ralph Garman and Kevin Smith" Mr. Smith let slip some information about the new costuime for Batman in the upcoming Superman Vs Batman movie. He told his co host and audiences that back stage Director Zack Snyder showed him a picture of the costume on his iPhone. Kevin had this to say"I saw the costume, more than that I saw him [ben Affleck] in the costume...I don't want to give anything away cause that is up to them and stuff, but I am going to say this...I instantly bear hugged him. You have not seen this costume in film before. Because every other movie has done this matrixy black armor thing...There wasn't a single nipple on this [frick]ing suit man. I think everyone is gonna be like 'Holy Shit!' We haven't been down this path before. Even the Hardest core "[frick] this movie" person will be like 'alright, I'm ready!'He then goes on to explain what it reminded him of."It seemed like it was very [Redacted] Influenced."In the podcast he bleeped what it was influenced by but could he have been talking about Frank Miller? What do you guys think, leave your comments in the usual place.

Credit: comicbookmovie.com

Lucky bastard.

On his weekly Podcast "Hollywood Babble-On with Ralph Garman and Kevin Smith" Mr. Smith let slip some information about the new costuime for Batman in the upcoming Superman Vs Batman movie. He told his co host and audiences that back stage Director Zack Snyder showed him a picture of the costume on his iPhone. Kevin had this to say"I saw the costume, more than that I saw him [ben Affleck] in the costume...I don't want to give anything away cause that is up to them and stuff, but I am going to say this...I instantly bear hugged him. You have not seen this costume in film before. Because every other movie has done this matrixy black armor thing...There wasn't a single nipple on this [frick]ing suit man. I think everyone is gonna be like 'Holy Shit!' We haven't been down this path before. Even the Hardest core "[frick] this movie" person will be like 'alright, I'm ready!'He then goes on to explain what it reminded him of."It seemed like it was very [Redacted] Influenced."In the podcast he bleeped what it was influenced by but could he have been talking about Frank Miller? What do you guys think, leave your comments in the usual place.

Credit: comicbookmovie.com

Lucky bastard.

So the costume's grey again. 

I like Smith and all, but he's kind of biased in a situation like this.  He loved the Daredevil costume as well.

Absolutely.  And, really, after some of the really egregiously shitty work he's done in the comic book industry, what Kevin considers to be great or amazing really gives me pause and makes me think it's probably just a bunch of horseshit.

Finally got around to seeing last week's Arrow.  Really good stuff.  I can only hope SHIELD improves as much as Arrow has.

I really want to like SHIELD and for it to improve.  But really, it's never been anywhere near as good as Arrow is and has consistently been.  Not that Arrow is an incredible comic book adaption or anything, but it does things pretty well and is entertaining, all things considering.

• Like 1

A lot of things about Arrow didn't work for me either.  The really forced and contrived melodrama for starters and the soap opera dialogue.  

All the bait and switches with the mom were insane and nothing about it made any sense.  

I will say I did like how they reinvented some characters for the TV show.  But now I hear they are doing the Flash in season 2 when I thought the idea is that there would be no superpowers and no meta-humans.  How will they go in that direction now?  

Also how do Ollie and his buddies use voice modulation whenever they want?  Like he can talk into his phone and do it, or he can do it under his hood when there is clearly nothing to disguise his voice on his persons.

And Ollie's disguise in itself...I mean there's no disguise.  He's got green eye shadow.  That's it.  There is no way someone in front of him couldn't recognize him.

My ideal Batsuit would either be from Batman: Year One, Batman: The Animated Series, Batman: Arkham Asylum or Arkham Orgins. I'm fine with oval or no oval. I look forward to seeing it. I'd prefer grey/black to grey/blue. Hoping for a photo in December.

I've always said that as an urban legend/nightmare/vigilante it seemed dumb to let people know you're fully armored, rather than play up the mystique that you can't be hurt.

Visible armor means "He's just a guy! Shoot for the face!"