DVDVR Message Board

The DC Entertainment Thread

Raziel

YET ANOTHER DC TV SHOW IN THE WORKS:

TNT is developing TITANS, a Teen Titans show centered on Dick Grayson. Starfire and Raven are the only other characters specifically attached at this point.

I don't think I've ever enjoyed a TNT show, and this is being developed outside of the ARROW/FLASH braintrust, but Dick Grayson is one of the most underutilized great characters, as far as live action goes, so...yay?

YET ANOTHER DC TV SHOW IN THE WORKS:

TNT is developing TITANS, a Teen Titans show centered on Dick Grayson. Starfire and Raven are the only other characters specifically attached at this point.

I don't think I've ever enjoyed a TNT show, and this is being developed outside of the ARROW/FLASH braintrust, but Dick Grayson is one of the most underutilized great characters, as far as live action goes, so...yay?

I'm excited, but at the same time a bit disappointed it won't be in the Arrow/Flash universe. Wondering how the hell they'll do Starfire as well.

In theory, this is a really great idea.  A chance to target the kids who grew up on the Teen Titans cartoon with a new show aimed at the key demos.

The 80s Wolfman/Perez soap opera nature of the Titans could be a good fit for the WB (but maybe not TNT)

TNT's got that Dallas update/sequel, and they aired Charmed A LOT until recently, I can see them trying something genre for the teens.

If it were TBS, I could see them trying a TT sitcom and it dying due to being too costly per show to keep up.

TNT hasn't done an original sci-fi/fantasy drama lately, but they've had to the syndication rights to a number of genre shows and done quite well with them.  Charmed did really well in reruns for them and still airs in the early AM.  Ditto Smallville.   Angel did fine numbers for them.  And Supernatural runs 3x day in the morning and used to be part of the all-day marathons they air during the week.

Aren't they doing that Falling Skies show?  Is "The Librarian" series going to be on TNT, or did it spin-off to a different Turner station?

Yeah, I forgot about "Falling Skies" (and I watched most of this past season too).  Actually, that's not a terrible template to follow.  I don't think it's great drama, but it is fairly fx-heavy and usually doesn't look horridly cheap or cheesy,

"The Librarian" was a series of made-for-tv movies that aired on TNT.  Never became a series,

TNT hasn't done an original sci-fi/fantasy drama lately, but they've had to the syndication rights to a number of genre shows and done quite well with them.  Charmed did really well in reruns for them and still airs in the early AM.  Ditto Smallville.   Angel did fine numbers for them.  And Supernatural runs 3x day in the morning and used to be part of the all-day marathons they air during the week.

Falling Skies?  I mean in it's fourth season.  But it's one of their big shows.

http://deadline.com/2014/09/lucifer-show-pilot-dc-comics-fox-834452/

Fox has given a pilot commitment to a tv show based on Mike Carey's Lucifer series, which is a pretty interesting move.  Especially since it would beat out any Sandman adaptations if it's green-lighted.  Not sure how this show would work on a network without a bunch of changes from the comic, which is likely what will happen.  The guy behind the Californication is writing and executive producing it.

I really enjoyed the comic series and recommend it, though I think I slightly prefer Gaiman's version of Lucifer in Sandman.