DVDVR Message Board

AEW Double or Nothing II - 5/23/2020

5 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

If you don't make up your mind by tomorrow night, no worries: You'll still have another entire week to think it over!

Yeah, every day is running together at this point. ? Although I think it would be funny if I decided to order it, go to the PPV channel and realize it was next week.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2020 at 2:43 PM, AxB said:

So five announcements for the Ladder match so far: Allin, OC, Colt, Fenix and Scorpio Sky. Four left to announce. I'll assume one is Marko Stunt, one is Joey Janela, one is either Kip or Havoc, and the last is Jack Evans or something.

OK, so I got that wrong. But I'm man enough to admit it.

On 5/15/2020 at 8:24 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I hope Evil Uno and Stu Grayson return at the ppv to interrupt the #1 contender's match. They're being screwed due to circumstances beyond their control. Then, throw them in the match.

That would be cool...but I'm pretty sure they live in Quebec so we probably won't be seeing Uno and Grayson until the border reopens.

The final entrant into the ladder match is a "mystery entrant".

Who could it be from the actual roster? Maybe they enter all of SCU into the match, and we get CURRY MAN! I doubt PAC could get into the country, but even if he could, Death Triangle already has an entrant in the match. Pineapple Pete?

Or it's Chris Hero, since NXT only has 30 day no compete clauses.

Or maybe it's Brian Cage since AEW doesn't have a Wellness Policy supposedly and he's already healthy again despite being injured a few months ago.

God. If it's Brian Cage, guaranteed he's going to get injured again. I would imagine it's going to be someone big because having Luchasaurus being the lone big man wouldn't make much sense.

My money is on Wardlow. You have a large face in Luchasaurus being in the match and Wardlow would be a large heel. Plus you get the moment where those two square off.

Why not just announce that it's Wardlow, though? Maybe they think they could get away with that since there won't be any fans in attendance, but imagine this was in front of a live crowd, mystery entrant announced, and it's.... MJF's bodyguard.

*air is immediately sucked out of the room*

2 minutes ago, Casey said:

Why not just announce that it's Wardlow, though? Maybe they think they could get away with that since there won't be any fans in attendance, but imagine this was in front of a live crowd, mystery entrant announced, and it's.... MJF's bodyguard.

*air is immediately sucked out of the room*

No air to suck out of the room if there's no fans in attendance! 

My logic is that if you say it's Wardlow in advance then it looks really fucking weird to have the bodyguard in a match to get a world title shot when the guy you're a bodyguard for is going to be next in line for a title shot most likely.

Or maybe it will be Jeff Cobb for another one shot?

• Like 1

Long, and really good build up for the last TV episode, and pay-per-view this weekend.

There is a brief tease of MJF trying to lure Jungle Boy to his side, and Jen Decker(Who has gotten really good at her job as the control room host by the way) mentions Marco Stunt having wins over MJF in the indies. Which I don’t believe they’ve done that all that much recently.

Tony Khan and Kenny Omega got him!

You know who....

The Mystery Man will change the wrestling landscape.

Much like Ric Flair winning the Royal Rumble in 1992 as the 3rd....

You know who it is.. 

You all know.

AEW proclaimed they were going to change the wrestling world.

They will on May 23rd.

Edited by Flair’s Shadow
  • Thanks 1

The Cream in your Coffee

Your Favourite Wrestler's favourite wrestler

The Jewish Cannon

The physical embodiment of charisma

The Bernie Sanders of Professional Wrestling

The most entertaining man in Professional Wrestling

Mr Americanrana

Davey Wrestling

The One Hundred and Four minute man

The Main Event

He's really good at Twitter, and he's Independent

The king of Taunts

The Product

• Like 3

Kazuchika Okada is under quarantine in Florida.

Okada has come to the United States to cement NJPW and AEW’s future...together.

It’s happening.

Okada will win the Ladder Match and will return back to Japan after Dynamite’s May 27th show.

Khan & Omega finally got the deal done...a partnership with New Japan.

If you don’t believe me..well....go ask the Meltzer’s of the world if they can confirm Okada’s whereabouts in Japan.

They can’t. 

Okada is in the USA.

The Shadow always knows..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I may very well drop dead of a heart attack if Okada shows up as the mystery man in the ladder match. Part of it will be the shock and excitement, and part of it will be from being overweight with a history of cocaine abuse. At least, I'll have died happy.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

I mean, if you look at the 8 guys announced so far, nobody besides Darby really screams “World Title contender.” And that’s kind of a stretch. Sooooo......

Edited by EVA
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I may very well drop dead of a heart attack if Okada shows up as the mystery man in the ladder match. Part of it will be the shock and excitement, and part of it will be from being overweight with a history of cocaine abuse. At least, I'll have died happy.

You're our Chris Farley.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, EVA said:

I mean, if you look at the 8 guys announced so far, nobody besides Darby really screams “World Title contender.” And that’s kind of a stretch. Sooooo......

... you're saying there's a chance.

You know, I totally forgot about the build-up line about a school boy from that movie. Holy shit.

• Like 1