Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

Money In The Bank XI - 5/10/2020


Recommended Posts

They aired a commercial last night for next week saying Becky would confront the MITB winner, so it's a given at least someone from RAW is almost certainly winning.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not necessarily.  They have done the "MITB winner shows up on both shows to threaten cashing in" thing before.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, nofuture said:

Not necessarily.  They have done the "MITB winner shows up on both shows to threaten cashing in" thing before.

Well the only Smackdown woman with a chance is one I don’t want to see on Raw again especially not versus Becky. That feud was horrible last year, and I doubt it would go any better this time around.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

What's going on with Sasha? She's the only thing keeping me semi-interested in WWE  right now.

Not on the show. They have been doing a slow burn to Sasha vs. Bayley #778. Its actually being done well. Just feels unnecessary. I'd honestly rather just see Naomi or even Lacey beat Bayley and feud with Sasha afterward.

Edited by Eivion
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Step 1 - Nia Jax wins MITB.
Step 2 - Tamina beats Bayley.
Step 3 - Nia jumps to SDL.
Step 4 - Profit.

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, D.Z said:

 

Jeff Hardy vs. Cesaro

They just started a program with him and Sheamus, so of course he's facing Cesaro at the PPV.

This company, man.....

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mystman said:

They just started a program with him and Sheamus, so of course he's facing Cesaro at the PPV.

This company, man.....

on the kickoff show too, instead of R-Truth vs MVP.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

so much bad shit on this show. MVP vs R Truth, Cesaro vs Hardy,  Rollins vs Drew.  What also sucks is that since the MITB was taped early there is no chance any of the winners cash in tonight. In fact I'd bet $$ that they won't cash in until fans are able to attend events. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, paintedbynumbers said:

so much bad shit on this show. MVP vs R Truth, Cesaro vs Hardy,  Rollins vs Drew.  What also sucks is that since the MITB was taped early there is no chance any of the winners cash in tonight. In fact I'd bet $$ that they won't cash in until fans are able to attend events. 

I don’t think they hold off on Shayna’s cash in that long. It’s not like she’s super popular, and would get a pop for it. The men’s case I totally agree with you on though as I can’t see them having AJ do it without a crowd or Aleister Black winning his first world title without a crowd (they’re the only two real options for the men’s case IMO).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait, Jeff Hardy vs Cesaro is a bad match?  We’re complaining that they aren’t hot-shotting a match between Hardy and Sheamus two days after they had a face to face confrontation? Surely, there’s no way that feud could possibly be advanced since Jeff is facing *checks notes* Sheamus’s former tag partner.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

Surely, there’s no way that feud could possibly be advanced since Jeff is facing *checks notes* Sheamus’s former tag partner.

Please... It’s the WWE, that didn’t actually happen. They have no real continuity. 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JonnyLaw said:

Wait, Jeff Hardy vs Cesaro is a bad match?  We’re complaining that they aren’t hot-shotting a match between Hardy and Sheamus two days after they had a face to face confrontation? Surely, there’s no way that feud could possibly be advanced since Jeff is facing *checks notes* Sheamus’s former tag partner.

It would of been fine if they announced the match before Friday, had Sheamus make comments about Hardy on Friday, then had Sheamus get involved during the Cesaro match during the PPV. That would've worked. Instead, the two got physical on Smackdown, then they inexplicably announced that Hardy was fighting Cesaro, instead of, you know, the guy he just had a brawl with.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

Wait, Jeff Hardy vs Cesaro is a bad match?  We’re complaining that they aren’t hot-shotting a match between Hardy and Sheamus two days after they had a face to face confrontation? Surely, there’s no way that feud could possibly be advanced since Jeff is facing *checks notes* Sheamus’s former tag partner.

And what current connection does “The Bar” have? One is doing nothing but beating goofs that haven’t even been on NXT before, and the other is a lackey for Sami Zayn or playing third stooge in a six man tag with Nakamura and King Corbin as his partners. 

So for someone to point out that the matchup makes no sense is a logical argument. I’ve not seen anyone claim other than you posting the question that it’s going to be a bad match. Hell it should be a damn good match that belongs on the PPV not the stupid kickoff show. Especially when MVP and Truth are being given higher card placement than they are.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

31 minutes ago, MavsFan77 said:

So for someone to point out that the matchup makes no sense is a logical argument. I’ve not seen anyone claim other than you posting the question that it’s going to be a bad match. 

Two posts earlier:

5 hours ago, paintedbynumbers said:

so much bad shit on this show. MVP vs R Truth, Cesaro vs Hardy,  Rollins vs Drew.  What also sucks is that since the MITB was taped early there is no chance any of the winners cash in tonight. In fact I'd bet $$ that they won't cash in until fans are able to attend events. 

There you go. I guess the argument could be that Hardy is an unproven property at this stage in the game?

Not every match has to be based around a feud, even on PPV. I'd say that mindset is an overall negative, since it really reduces the options and results in stale match-ups as people wrestle the same match week after week.

I also don't see why the MITB being pretaped means no cash in tonight. I could see the MITB going on last, which obviously would preclude a cash-in, but being pretaped doesn't mean anything in and of itself.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I mean I wouldn't put it past WWE to have someone magically travel from Stamford to Orlando in one night and cash in the MITB, but I doubt it's going to happen.

Edited by nofuture
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I am assuming that MVP being on the main show is somehow going to be a way to get Shane Thorne & Brendan Vink on the show since I believe the plan is MVP is going to be managing/advising them

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just WWE booking exhibition matches. Sheamus could attack Hardy, linking it to their feud.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

When Apollo was put into the MITB match I thought "why not Jeff Hardy" match fits his daredevil style that they have been showing in the weekly Smackdown videos perfectly.  then AJ came in and I was very happy, but then I look and see Otis is in this match.  Fucking Otis?!  Why?  Jeff Hardy could have had Otis's spot and it would make 100X more sense.   Black or AJ will win anyway but the bumps Jeff would have taken would have been epic

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, kafkonia said:

 

Two posts earlier:

There you go. I guess the argument could be that Hardy is an unproven property at this stage in the game?

Not every match has to be based around a feud, even on PPV. I'd say that mindset is an overall negative, since it really reduces the options and results in stale match-ups as people wrestle the same match week after week.

I also don't see why the MITB being pretaped means no cash in tonight. I could see the MITB going on last, which obviously would preclude a cash-in, but being pretaped doesn't mean anything in and of itself.

Okay I’d missed that part of the post. So please accept my apology. The part I’d noticed was them saying Seth vs Drew was gonna be bad, and I just gave up at that point.

As far as the cash in goes as nofuture mentioned too it’s going to be damn near impossible to explain someone getting from Stamford to Orlando within the time frame of the show. Even if they claim they used the private jet that Vince owns. The only logical way to do it would be admit they pretaped the match, and claim it happened “last night” that way nobody can be like well how’d the Smackdown people participate? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

When Apollo was put into the MITB match I thought "why not Jeff Hardy" match fits his daredevil style that they have been showing in the weekly Smackdown videos perfectly.  then AJ came in and I was very happy, but then I look and see Otis is in this match.  Fucking Otis?!  Why?  Jeff Hardy could have had Otis's spot and it would make 100X more sense.   Black or AJ will win anyway but the bumps Jeff would have taken would have been epic

That’s honestly how I feel about Mysterio being in it. I like Rey a-lot, but we know that a) he’s not gonna win, and b) he’s not the one bumping off of the tower so wouldn’t it have been better to put Andrade or Murphy in his spot? If they’d used Andrade all three of the Raw guys could’ve been possible winners, and with Murphy they could’ve teased him winning and cashing in at some point to cause dissension with Seth.

I feel the women’s match is even more telegraphed though. I don’t see anyone buying the idea of Carmella, Dana Brooke, Lacey, or Nia winning. So it’s basically down to Shayna and Asuka. Which with Meltzer constantly saying they’re not done with Shayna vs Becky gee I wonder who wins? Plus the commercials last week telegraphing the winner showing up on Raw tomorrow night.

At this point my picks are AJ and Shayna with everyone whining that Raw got both briefcases only for AJ to move back to Smackdown and cash in on Strowman at some point. Which they could badly use AJ right now, and to me he’s treated as more of a star on Smackdown.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...