DVDVR Message Board

Money In The Bank XI - 5/10/2020

Dolfan in NYC

There is nothing we all didn't figure out already 

Talent was flown out on Tuesday and multiple matches were filmed simultaneously, taking from the early morning all the way until nearly midnight that night. The filming was said be be tedious, and a lot of "hurry up and wait" for the next shots to get set up.

Fightful was told that the matches were filmed in a more cinematic manner, but we don't know if it will be more akin to the Boneyard Match, The Firefly Funhouse match, or the Tommaso Ciampa vs. Johnny Gargano match. Talent were also trying to stay warm during filming as they'd have to go from standing around to bumping on short notice.

We're told there was also a hiccup that caused filming to stop for an undetermined period of time, but was eventually settled. We're working to gain more information on that.

On 4/22/2020 at 7:03 PM, nofuture said:

The only thing unknown is if both matches are going to go on at the same time.  By this leaked photo, it's possible.

Raw is Red, Smackdown is Blue, NXT is yellow, Green is for who?

Even though the match has been pre-taped, the angle on Monday was to pull Apollo Crews out of the Men's MitB match.  

His replacement has not been named, but I'll bet you "Cien" dollars it will be Sombra you know...

11 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Of note, Graves on SDL tonight said both Money in the Bank matches would happen simultaneously. 

Bryan mentioned it in his promo too. So considering the fact it’s pre taped, and they both made mention to it, it’s a safe bet that’s what we’ll see. Which doesn’t sound so bad since the ladders are on the roof anyhow, and it’s doubtful they’d have all twelve competitors up there at once (I hope at least).

Maybe there's only one briefcase, and the Money in the Bank match is technically intergender. How else is it going to work? Presumably there's a ring on the roof, so they can actually have a ladder match once the indoor shenanigans are concluded. But are there two briefcases hanging above the one ring, or are there two rings up there, one for each set of participants. I bet  the finish is Otis pulling a case down, and then realising he's in the wrong place and it's the Women's MitB briefcase he's got.

1 minute ago, AxB said:

Maybe there's only one briefcase, and the Money in the Bank match is technically intergender. How else is it going to work? Presumably there's a ring on the roof, so they can actually have a ladder match once the indoor shenanigans are concluded. But are there two briefcases hanging above the one ring, or are there two rings up there, one for each set of participants. I bet  the finish is Otis pulling a case down, and then realising he's in the wrong place and it's the Women's MitB briefcase he's got.

source.gif

don't give them any ideas

There will definitely be a spot when a female competitor stops a male competitor from winning

And since Nia is in the match - they most likely will feel comfortable doing at least one man on woman spot (especially in a "movie" match)

5 hours ago, AxB said:

There's a tweet on this page that shows there in one ring on the roof, with 2 cases hanging above it.

Edit: and you posted the tweet lol

Edited by Infinit
  • Haha 2

Being reported that a wrestler will return to Raw on Monday and will have a match at MitB.   

Spoiler

It's AJ Styles.  

And they'd make perfect sense as a winner. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Being reported that a wrestler will return to Raw on Monday and will have a match at MitB.   

Hide contents

It's AJ Styles.  

And they'd make perfect sense as a winner. 

I was actually just getting ready to post that. At first I thought Andrade was going to get the last spot, and the win, but that name makes more sense (and honestly is one I prefer too). 

Of the announced field the only other possible winner I see is Aleister Black.

The New Day (Big E and Kofi Kingston) (c) vs. John Morrison and The Miz vs. The Forgotten Sons (Steve Cutler, Jaxson Ryker and/or Wesley Blake) vs. Lucha House Party (Gran Metalik and Lince Dorado). For the SD tag titles.

Man, there's very little going for this PPV. Only thing I want to see is the Money in the Bank Ladder Matches. It's going to be OTT. I said after WrestleMania XXXVI, less is more when it comes to these cinematic matches. Feel for Bayley stuck with Tamina. I'm more excited for The Undertaker documentary that follows the show.

Edited by The Natural

I'm pretty sure it was a mistake, but they did say last night that if the winner is a Raw member, then they can only challenge for the Raw title(s), same for SDL.  

Also, that would make Charlotte exempt. 

Also that means the women's winner WILL be from Raw because Becky is supposed to have a confrontation with her next Monday. 

6 minutes ago, nofuture said:

Not necessarily.  They have done the "MITB winner shows up on both shows to threaten cashing in" thing before.

Well the only Smackdown woman with a chance is one I don’t want to see on Raw again especially not versus Becky. That feud was horrible last year, and I doubt it would go any better this time around.