DVDVR Message Board

2019-20 NBA: 2nd Half

Dolfan in NYC

3 minutes ago, turk128 said:

I don't blame him at all... like whoever handled those mics should have wiped them down twice over and then some more between interviews.

I mean given what we know, him putting his hands on things for what seemed to be no real reason is still a dumb ass thing to do. I mean he looked to have put his hands on people's personal devices on the table.   Whether he caught it before or not

I agree that there is probably equal blame for wiping the main mic though

Edited by hammerva

1 minute ago, hammerva said:

I mean given what we know, him putting his hands on things for what seemed to be no real reason is still a dumb ass thing to do.  Whether he caught it before or not

Well, yeah, there's that.

It's gonna be a memorable moment from years to come, thou.

Gobert almost certainly already had the virus before Monday... Which means his bullshit potentially added to the risk for several people.

If nothing else, he's added the word "dumbass" to his legacy.

And a ton of dudes are not going to be happy with him.  Toronto just advised all of their players to go into self-quarantine, they just played the Jazz a couple days ago.  There's going to be a ton of players in quarantine.  

Not all of Rudy's fault but it's definitely a case of "when acting like an ass goes wrong" 

49 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I heard the players in a different game tonight got worried because one of the refs worked a Jazz game the other day. This is all bad.

Pelicans were supposed to play in Sacramento tonight.  Team learned that one of the referees officiated a Utah game a couple nights ago.  Fans were there..  everyone ready to go.. it's 7 minutes before game time and the Pelicans still hadn't taken the court.  

Fans started getting restless and booing.  Kings sent out the halftime entertainment.   Pelicans refused to take the court and so everyone had to leave. People were pissed but the players made the right move IMO.

6 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Pelicans were supposed to play in Sacramento tonight.  Team learned that one of the referees officiated a Utah game a couple nights ago.  Fans were there..  everyone ready to go.. it's 7 minutes before game time and the Pelicans still hadn't taken the court.  

Fans started getting restless and booing.  Kings sent out the halftime entertainment.   Pelicans refused to take the court and so everyone had to leave. People were pissed but the players made the right move IMO.

About that...

Apparently - all the teams that played the Jazz in the last 10 days have been asked to self-quarantine

And someone worked out that you can connect all 30 NBA teams to each other in just the last 5 days (and that is just teams - I don't think they factored in the refs)

59 minutes ago, blitzkrieg said:

So how about we just call it a season and try all this again next season? Skip the playoffs completely and just hold the draft based on current standings?

By the time season resumes Klay might be healthy and you guys can play your way out of the top 10.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Remember all the "I get why Rippa mocks the Wizards" stuff earlier?

Here is the "Why I mock the Knicks" stuff

MSG dropping 20 percent of its value in two days might have something to do with that.

8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Do the other players play basketball without touching anyone? For all they know they got it from the guy who wipes down the gym equipment they all share.

What if Donovan Mitchell had it first and Rudy got it from him, but Rudy was the first to get tested so it looks like it was the other way around? Gobert acted like a goober, but this is starting to feel like people piling on because the narrative is so good.

• Like 1

And now the Cavs have announced that they will pay their arena & support staff as though the season were going on.  

The Mavericks have already made similar plans. 

I'm sure most of the other teams will follow suit soon enough.  (Not the Knicks though, lol)

• Like 1