DVDVR Message Board

RAW is #RAHRAH Rollins 11/25/19

Niners Fan in CT

On the plus side, Rollins is 100x better as a heel.

On the down side, Rollins is still employed, and not only is AEW currently doing "whiney top heel with heavies" better than Rollins will ever be able to do, you are doing it in your very own undercard with a dude (AJ) that, again, is doing it at a level far superior than what Rollins is capable of.

But hey it's an improvement.

Show was pretty good I thought. Charlotte/Asuka was really good and all the US title stuff was great. 

• Like 2

Liked Owens getting away with calling him a prick. 

Dunno who pissed in his Corn Flakes but the Andrade beatdown was more vicious than the AOP ones or the Rowan one (or the Lashley one, which was just goofy). 

I think Asuka had the entire bottle of food dye in her mouth for that misting. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Forget boring stale as fuck Owens, what should've happened was Seth said you all sucked last night, then the Vikings step up and give him the Viking Experience cause they're the ones that actually won their match. Which would've then led to a logical Vikings/AOP feud with what they did anyways. Them standing there and just taking that was lame.

Show was weird and almost felt like 3 separate one hour shows. Though I was glad that outside of Owens, they kept off most of the acts I can't stand. Hour 1 was like a random mid 90s Raw, nothing but squashes. Almost got excited finally seeing Matt Hardy on TV again before realizing he was just there to get squashed. Hour 2 being dedicated entirely to the US title situation was awesome. The segment setting it up was good, the 4 way was great, and the title match excellent. Hell of a two nights for Rey. Asuka vs. Charlotte is my favorite pairing in the company. Another amazing match from them after having my favorite WWE match this year back in March, always love their sequences of counters.

• Like 2

Rusev was certainly ticking all the boxes for what makes a WWE babyface tonight.

-- Stalking ex?  Check.

-- Violating restraining order?  Check.

--Violently resisting lawful "arrest"?  Check?

-- Attempting to seriously injure/murder someone who may not (in kayfabe) been able to protect himself?  Check.

Hopefully, we get a December skit where Lashley dresses as Santa for the kids at a children's hospital, and Rusev runs in at beats him up in view of the kids.  I shouldn't joke about that.  They'll probably do it.

Rusev's making the best out of shit material, but I have no idea why I should cheer him or sympathize tonight.

Edited by Whodathunkit
Edited because Russo and Rusev are two different people. Allegedly. I mean, I've never seen them together, but.....
  • Like 3

I'm happy they finally turned Seth. I had some small hope after his dickish reaction last night right before he was eliminated by Lee but still wasn't sure it was happening. I like the idea of AOP backing him. That said, I somehow hope they end up doing most of the talking. They are way the hell more interesting when speaking than Seth is.

Charlotte/Asuka had some rough moments, but was pretty good overall.

Nice to see Rey win the US title though it feels like a bit of a consolation prize with him not beating Brock.

21 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Oh, Jerry.

They left out, the last line from King in the text. It was a bit. You can hear it in the actual video.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

This heel persona is a much better fit for Rollins, but I don't get why the rest of the roster just stood there while he dressed them down then casually walked off instead of just collectively kicking his ass.

Because then the entire first hour would have just been everyone hitting their finishers on Seth. I'm sure it would have gotten boring after 15th-17th  finisher. That and they didn't deem Seth's bs worth an actual response.

I decided to give Raw a shot tonight after all the love for Survivor Series around here. I watched Takeover Sunday instead of Survivor Series.

I like Seth's rah-rah personality being used to turn him heel. I fully expected a triple powerbomb and Shield fist-bump from Rollins and the AoP at the end. It's coming.

I popped for Rowan's INCITE shirt and I'm curious as to what will be in the cage. Maybe Rowan got himself some Harlem sewer rats ala Bad News Brown. My guess is a mannequin head representing the head of Rowan's next target. 

Why is Jerry Lawler back on Raw? I think the last time I actually heard him was the Raw 25th anniversary disaster from the Manhattan Center. How do the regular viewers here deal with him every week?

I'm disappointed Rey won the US title rather than Ricochet. I get that it was a consolation prize for the Lesnar match, but does Rey need another mid-card title reign at this point? Another title reign could have elevated Ricochet back up.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

3 minutes ago, OSJ said:

Seth has always impressed me as someone who needs his ass kicked early and often.

He really was perfect for the Age of the Fall. If only we knew at the time that he should have had his ass kicked more than Jimmy Jacobs.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I tried to watch this show. First time in months.

Seth talks to open. Forever. Come back from break so Seth can talk. I'm out. Fuck this show. Seth Rollins promos should be illegal.

Edited by Brian Fowler
  • Like 7
  • Haha 2

Very good show overall. It's smart of them to turn Rollins quickly when the fans are booing him instead of trying to swim against the tide, and also smart to use his perceived whiny internet stuff in there too. Everyone just walking away was kind of dumb though.

I enjoyed the focus on lesser used talent throughout the show too even if some of them were just job fodder.

1 hour ago, The Natural said:
Oh, Jerry.

Yeah, I rewound this on first listen and, as stated, it was a bit.  Lawler then says something like "I know, he's just so condescending."

I actually really enjoyed this show.  There was lots of stuff that made me feel like someone loosened the reigns on wrestlers and announcers and let them do a bit more.  Off the top of my head: Owens, Orton, Rusev, Mysterio, McIntyre, AOP, and Charlotte all looked like they were having more fun and allowed to be more themselves tonight.

-Turning Seth heel was a necessity.  The only problem is, with Rey losing to Lesnar, there is basically NO ONE to challenge Lesnar from the Raw roster (Orton has been done, Styles has been done; Velasquez has been done, every one else is not believable) and his challenger will likely have to come out of the Rumble or a returning Legend, or turn Lesnar face.  I would go full-out with Seth calling him and AOP The Shield, with Seth whining  "I was the architect of the original Shield, it was my group, just like I'm the architect of the new better Shield" and eventually you have Roman come after the new Shield.

-Flair-Asuka was a nasty affair, lots of hard-hitting and vicious bumps.  I liked it.  Charlotte had the best moment of the entire night when she was "blinded" by the mist and reached out and patted the ref's bald head like Mr. Magoo.

-US Title stuff was fun. I still probably wouldn't give Ricochet much promo time, just have him go out and do outrageous stunts.

-Where was Becky Lynch?  Really weird to not have her on the show tonight.  

-King was extra salty tonight, I think Vince was ticked off about something.  He definitely veered further into heel colour man tonight, siding with Rollins.  Him repeatedly yelling at AOP "Where were you last night?" when nobody bothered to put them on the team was incredibly dumb.  

-Main event was solid.  Owens stomping like Rollins in the background was really funny.

• Like 1