DVDVR Message Board

2018-19 NHL: Period One

Dolfan in NYC

For those of you pining for more ridiculousness from Ottawa: The Sun apparently discovered the team did the most incompetent Twitter troll accounts supporting the team imaginable. They apparently used the same profile pic for all of them (I swear to God I am not making that up). 

Detroit vs Ottawa the other night was highly entertaining. Close game with Detroit getting - and failing on - two penalty shots. 

And, in a great moment of unintentional comedy, a 2-minute penalty was called on "#9" for Detroit. No, I don't think Gordie Howe is getting penalties these days, LOL. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Tabe said:

Detroit vs Ottawa the other night was highly entertaining. Close game with Detroit getting - and failing on - two penalty shots. 

And, in a great moment of unintentional comedy, a 2-minute penalty was called on "#9" for Detroit. No, I don't think Gordie Howe is getting penalties these days, LOL. 

Zombie Gordie Howe elbowing people is a mental image I can't get out of my head now.

"Now do you believe? These guys are good, SCARY GOOD!!!!!!" Putting down my $100 Blue and Gold Club season ticket deposit for next year a week from this Friday. LET'S GO BUFF-A-LO!!! 

37 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

Hitch will never die

Naming Ken Hitchcock your coach in 2018 is like making Lou Lamorello your general manag... Oh fuck ?

3 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

I despise everything about Hitchcock's brand of hockey and that's all the words I can type without saying something nasty.

What, you don't think benching Vladimir Tarasenko while double shifting Steve Ott is a viable strategy for winning games???

Less McDavid, more LOOOOOOOOOCHHHHHHHHHH and his hard hitting style.

I have way too many Oiler fans on my twitter timeline, and I think they all hate this move. The game has passed Hitchcock by, and I'm not sure why the Oilers chose him to take over.

2 hours ago, Dewar said:

Less McDavid, more LOOOOOOOOOCHHHHHHHHHH and his hard hitting style.

I have way too many Oiler fans on my twitter timeline, and I think they all hate this move. The game has passed Hitchcock by, and I'm not sure why the Oilers chose him to take over.

Because the Oilers franchise is ran by idiots at all upper levels.

To steal a line from Ole Anderson to Corny: Phil Housley I used to think you were a dumb fuck but so many other dumb fucks have come along since that you moved up the ladder without even trying.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, S.K.o.S. said:

I'm not even sure if I'm seeing this right, but apparently Carolina put up 29 shots in the first period against Toronto, then immediately regressed to the mean with 2 shots in the second period.

Break up the Red Wings!  Solid goaltending, a couple timely goals, and wearing white jerseys at home as God intended, and Detroit picked up their 9th win in 11 games tonight against Boston.  Amazing.

8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got a non knock off Goat's Head jersey used on EBay for $50. Always wanted one because that was the uniform from when I first became a Sabres fan in 1997 and it has a sentimental value. Need to find a place to turn it into a Captain Crunch jersey (my first Sabres favorite).