DVDVR Message Board

2018-19 NHL: Period One

Dolfan in NYC

I still can't get over an expansion team almost winning the Stanley Cup.  This year however, it looks like everyone is predicting Tampa vs. San Jose in the end.  

Hockey has a fun way of making absolutely every expert look like an idiot.   

First games are tonight! 

1 hour ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

Leafs fans are going to be intolerable this year - and I am going to love every bloody minute of it. 

Leafs fans are intolerable every year. They just have an actual reason this year to be that way (even if their defense is suspect).

Excited to see how the Jets do this year. Fun team to watch, and hopefully they find a centre to play between Laine and Ehlers.

• Like 1

I've already decided: if an absolute act of God happens and the Sabres make the playoffs I am getting a ticket to the first home playoff game and booking MegaBus to take the 8 hour ride to Buffalo. I was in attendance to see the Sabres last playoff win (Game 5 in Philly in 2011), I want to be there when it happens again.

26 minutes ago, Dewar said:

Leafs fans are intolerable every year. They just have an actual reason this year to be that way (even if their defense is suspect).

Excited to see how the Jets do this year. Fun team to watch, and hopefully they find a centre to play between Laine and Ehlers.

Jets winning the next few cups until the Sabres get their shit together and become a real contender would be perfectly fine with me.

Edit: Jack Eichel has been named the 28th captain in Sabres history. The ship is yours Jack, let's fucking do this.

3 hours ago, Dewar said:

Bryan Little didn't work last year, didn't work in the preseason, but goddamit Maurice is gonna stick him there to start the season.

If Copp/Lowry/Tanev wasn't such a great shutdown line, I wouldn't mind seeing Lowry get the shot. As it is, stick Roslovic there and see if they can outrun everyone.

38 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

A truer sports quote has never been said. I hope they get swept in the first round by the Isles

FTFY. On a game 4 Matt Martin penalty shot at the Coliseum where he finishes the job Shawn Bates started. 

33 minutes ago, elizium said:

Bryan Little didn't work last year, didn't work in the preseason, but goddamit Maurice is gonna stick him there to start the season.

If Copp/Lowry/Tanev wasn't such a great shutdown line, I wouldn't mind seeing Lowry get the shot. As it is, stick Roslovic there and see if they can outrun everyone.

I assumed Roslovic getting a number change meant he was going between Ehlers and Laine (27/28/29 would be the numbers for the three of them). Then pre-season came, and they never played together.

That Bryan Little contract sucks. Too much money, too many years, and a no-trade, so you can't even trade him for some cap relief.

16 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

And I thought my mood couldn't get any better today

The only way it could get better is if they had Gritty announce the suspension.

Sharks vs. Leafs in the final, please. Two of my best buds support one or the other. I need that drama of sitting there as a neutral observer while those two bicker and shit bricks. 

Elias Pettersson has me excited as a Canucks fan but I'm still not sure how many games I'll watch. When I come home from work, I just want to have fun and unwind. Not get bummed by how shitty that team is. Benning: hitting rock bottom without tanking.

10 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I wonder if the Bruins realize the regular season has started

Caps are two goals away from Double Chilli (I bet Rippa gets that reference).

22 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

Brad Marchand is still a whiny little bitch.

Marchand vs Wilson would be the peak rudo vs rudo battle in hockey of this generation. 

In happier news I got a ticket to Avs-Flyers at WFC. OH MY GOD I AM GOING TO GET A CHANCE TO MEET GRITTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

I don't get Gritty.

I am going to party with Gritty drinking Yuenglings all night and end up waking up in a gutter in Fishtown. Gritty will go back to his lair where he will torture and kill his latest victim.

• Like 2

Anders Lee becomes the 15th captain in Islanders history. Unless Lou has gone completely insane this must mean an extension is all but done. If it wasn't Bailey would've got it. He got an A along with Ladd (who Lou needs to come up with a NY version of Robidas Island to dump him on) and Cluttersuck whose leadership skill is to piss and moan about that brutal 25 mile commute from East Meadow to Barclays Center.