DVDVR Message Board

2018-19 NHL: Period One

Dolfan in NYC

The result is obviously fantastic, but the Jets gave up 42 shots. They did that all preseason and everyone around the team was like, "don't worry about it, it's just preseason, they're focused on other things..."

Well, it's not preseason anymore.

Housley Sucks Housley Sucks Housley Sucks Housley Sucks Housley Sucks Housley Sucks Housley Sucks Housley Sucks Housley Sucks Housley Sucks Housley Sucks Housley Sucks Housley Sucks Housley Sucks Housley Sucks Housley Sucks Housley Sucks Housley Sucks Housley Sucks Housley Sucks Housley Sucks Housley Sucks Housley Sucks Housley Sucks Housley Sucks Housley Sucks Housley Sucks Housley Sucks Housley Sucks Housley Sucks Housley Sucks Housley Sucks Housley Sucks Housley Sucks Housley Sucks.

For the love of God fire this sad pathetic fucking clown. We deserve so much fucking better than this, this whole fucking organization is a giant abortion. Jesus, bring back Nolan because while he isn't a tactical genius at least guys played hard for him. At least Dahlin looked as good as advertised.

2 hours ago, elizium said:

The result is obviously fantastic, but the Jets gave up 42 shots. They did that all preseason and everyone around the team was like, "don't worry about it, it's just preseason, they're focused on other things..."

Well, it's not preseason anymore.

You need to stop thinking negatively about the best team in Canada.

Housley: "We're on home ice and have last change. I know what I'll do: I'll take my top line with two of my worst defensive players and deliberately match them up against Boston's top line who wrecks everyone. I mean why use Berglund's line because his only redeeming value is neutralizing the whole fucking game to where absolutely nothing is happening? That would only make perfect sense, why would I do that?". He is getting real close to the rarified air of pure total suck only seen from generationally bad coaches like Dead Weight and Pierre McGuire.

On 10/4/2018 at 1:11 AM, Oyaji said:

I don't get Gritty.

It cannot be overstated what a cultural phenomenon Gritty has become in Philadelphia. It is insane. There are so many bootleg Gritty shirts and etc. being made. I own a whole bunch. I also actively sought out a Flyers regular season game, which I have never done before.

It is seriously very singularly Philadelphia. There was hype or anything for “the Flyers new mascot!” Then everyone saw it on social media and had the “this is terrifying” reaction. 

Havjng lived in Philly almost all of my adult life, I will not lie. It IS terrifying here at times. There are a lot of random things that happen here that no one even flinches at. Like, in the winter, bootleg Christmas Tree shops are all over South Philly and the dudes who run them stay warm around trash can fires. Or you will hear someone say something on the phone at a Wawa like “Hey, hon, can you get my brother to pee for me tonight? I forgot my hearing is tomorrow.” And when we look at Gritty you can really see he sort of looks like that guy who tried to sell you colognes at a gas station. A lot of people have moved here the past 15 years or so. And if they hated it, they leave in 2-3 and go back to NYC or Portland or wherever. But if you stay, you embrace the ridiculous part of life here and love it.

It is also very Flyers. The Eagles are by far the most popular team here. But then it gets sorta segmented. The Sixers are very much the team of New Hipster Gastropub Philly. The Phillies when they were awesome took over everyone’s lives but have become sort of more of “going to a baseball game like it is an amusement park” sorta thing until they get good again.

But the Flyers? They are the least cool team we have. They are very popular among their fan base, which is associated with non-cool parts of the area. They are the fan base that is the most like what people think Philly fans are actually like. They have fans that actually look like Gritty.

And everyone here sort of collectively realized that and saw it was awesome - complete with him threatening the Pittsburgh Penguins mascot with his life after only a few hours of sentinence followed by falling on the ice and shooting people in the back with a t-shirt cannon - right when everyone from outside of here saw Gritty and started the mockery. He became our own, and screw everyone else. And I think the whole “Philly is insane in a way unlike anywhere else” stuff has seeped into national comedy circles and here we are now.

Gritty Forever

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Good News: Rangers scored 5 goals

Bad News: Panthers scored 8

Gonna be a long season

I'll be the asshole who points out they were playing Carolina and not Florida.

22 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

God damn was that leafs/hawks game great. 

Why the Hawks signed the dead bloated corpse of Cam Ward instead of that emergency backup who shut out the Jets last year I have no idea.

Sharks-Isles for me at Barclays tomorrow. Hopefully Jones starts for SJ so I can see the Barzilla light him up. And it took 2 games for Trotz to come to the conclusion Luca Sbisa fucking sucks and give him a seat in the press box (Yes, Sbisa was a Lou move ). PROGRESS!!! Someone had the best line on Lou's hockey philosophy: if given the choice between an in his prime Erik Karlsson and an in his prime Ken Danyko he would always choose Danyko.

Cam Ward's agent should be a hall of famer for how long that guy has been able to milk 2 and a half good playoff rounds in 2006. People forget he wasn't even the damn starter when that playoffs started, then lost the job back to Martin Gerber (lol), then got put in *again* and went nuts. He's been a mediocre goalie for about 6 years now? I can get why you'd want him as a vet backup, but more because "that's how the NHL thinks about goalies" as opposed to "this is actually good".

I can only say so much when the Oilers signed Some Guy From The KHL to $2.5 million a year and gave him a fucking no movement clause. I live in an asylum.

The Leafs offense is pretty fun to watch but that blueline is like watching a bunch of cats run around chasing a laser pen.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sabremike said:

I'll be the asshole who points out they were playing Carolina and not Florida.

It was a bad day for NY vs Carolina 

They all blend together 

1 minute ago, odessasteps said:

We all got to witness a dick stomping of the Sharts, a Lehner shutout, the best 4th.... er 3rd line in hockey, the Barzilla being amazing and Adam Pelech with one of the most hilarious total fuck ups you will ever see.