DVDVR Message Board

2018-19 NHL: Period One

Dolfan in NYC

19 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

Blues benc Bouwmeester, Maroon, and Allen and suddenly we look like a very legitimate threat. Shock of shocks.

Allen is Scott Darling without the beer gut.

6 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

How the fuck did the Oilers go through yet another offseason without answering literally a single one of their problems?

They didn't fire Chiarelli, that's how.

Break up the Red Wings! 6 wins in 7 games, 3 straight comebacks from two goals down. Jonathan Bernier finally showed up, stealing one from Carolina with over 50 saves. 

No, my opinion of Jeff Blashill has not changed. 

16 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

That's my team.

I really have a soft spot for them as the last actual WHA team and it really makes me sad to see their organization be total AIDS. Has Chia finally reached Milbury level of total unmitigated suck and incompetence?

2 hours ago, elizium said:

Because there isn't enough stigmatizing HIV/AIDS.

2 hours ago, Death From Above said:

Stop referring to every single fucking thing in sports as AIDS or cancer, what are you five?

I don't recall using the cancer analogy and I think that was the first time I referred to something as AIDS. Is calling them a can of herpes OK?

Edit: Yes I made the comment on Wilson. Sorry for over the top vitrol over a guy I saw end Lubo Vishnovsky's career in person, the most disgusting act I have ever seen at a live game. I'll avoid those references in the future.

1 hour ago, elizium said:

Because there isn't enough stigmatizing HIV/AIDS.

I generally use ebola as my go to over the top description of a clusterfuck. Duly noted to avoid AIDS references, I apologize.