DVDVR Message Board

Raw Goes 2 Sleep - 12/18/2017

Dolfan in NYC

22 minutes ago, Casey said:

I still don't think Carmella will be in the Rumble since she's MITB holder.

Why wouldn't she want to be in the rumble? Hedge your bets, and be a part of history too. I remember when Edge won the gold rush tournament to become number one contender while he was holding the briefcase.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

Why wouldn't she want to be in the rumble? Hedge your bets, and be a part of history too. I remember when Edge won the gold rush tournament to become number one contender while he was holding the briefcase.

Never said she wouldn't WANT to be in Rumble. But she shouldn't be allowed to be. She has a guaranteed title shot already, why put her in another match that gives her a 2nd guaranteed title match? It's dumb as fuck. It was stupid when Edge did it, too.

I have:

Paige and her 2 friends
The 3 Riott Squad girls
Sasha, Becky, Bayley
Nattie, Carmella, Tamina and Lana
Naomi
Dana
Mickie
Asuka
Alicia
Nia

That's your 19. +1 surprise/debutante. Or take out some of the lesser women like Lana/Dana and have more surprises. 20 seems like the magic number. 30 seems like asking for trouble.

2 minutes ago, Casey said:

Never said she wouldn't WANT to be in Rumble. But she shouldn't be allowed to be. She has a guaranteed title shot already, why put her in another match that gives her a 2nd guaranteed title match? It's dumb as fuck. It was stupid when Edge did it, too.

Why is it dumb? Rumble win is for guaranteed title shot at Mania. MITB is for title shot at most opportune time for you. Why shouldn't you be allowed to amass as many opportunities for yourself as you can? It makes sense in kayfabe, it makes sense from a motivation standpoint, it has precedent, and gives you good storyline possibilities.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

Or Rollins in the 2015 Triple Threat match at RR against Brock and Cena while he was holding MITB.

The story of someone having the MITB case and rumble win will most likely play out at sometime. It certainly makes sense to have as many guaranteed title shots as possible. Going into Mania match with the case puts that over the head of the title holder, the match could end up being two falls or you have the case winner win the title and then be able to carry the case with them while champ and then win the belt right back after losing it. Say the next ppv they lose the belt but just bash the new champ with the case and cash in and gloat like a good heel. 

11 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

For some reason Victoria returning comes to mind. Don't know if she's retired or not

Nope, not retired. She just wrestled Candice Michelle (in Candice’s retirement match) for a House of Hardcore show in Wisconsin earlier this month. Victoria is still is in great shape. 

3 hours ago, Overly Critical Man said:

DRY2KGAUQAEpHJl.jpg

If this image could be anymore offensive, HHH would be in it and have flowers for all of them. It's great that everyone is suddenly friends because they're making "herstory". 

They only make historical history. They can't do good matches or promos, but they will make history doing it. 

I have never seen a woman as insecure about their height as Stephanie. 

• Like 1