DVDVR Message Board

WWE Mixed Match Challenge

ChesterCopperpot

On 2/2/2018 at 5:06 PM, Captain Kronos said:

Ironically, thanks to TOTAL DIVAS, I am guessing that the Bellas have made more $$ for the company than any women, except maybe Sunny and Sable. I didn't care for them back in the day because, as you say, I felt like they were taking away from "real women's wrestling". But I have come around on them. 

It sucks that Nikki and Brie were part of the worst wrestling period of the WWE and it was not exactly their faults at all. It hurt that fans could easily view Joshi matches that were on par with WWE super matches or Shimmer while there was this women's division that was downright terrible. It was not their fault because they did not get the time or the leeway that the male wrestlers got and by the time the Women's Revolution came around, people already got sick of them and Total Divas did not help them at all because they were seen as separate from the main roster. I'm glad that the two found success in being reality TV stars, but I hate that they really never got the chance to shine aside from being twins.

• Like 3

Just a delightful, fun tag match where they don't do anything but play to the crowd for the first half.   Mandy got to show off a personality beyond just being Absolution Member Number 3 and she should obviously be doing more of that rather than the generic nothing she is now.  Her heel work was really good especially the hair flip deal and running her mouth.  Goldust was obviously the star with tremendous facial expressions and funny spots.  

Again, house show tomfoolery is the best.  Give me this on a regular basis.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, El Dragon said:

I honestly want Goldust to manage Mandy once he hits retirement now.

Not the same thing, but Mandy was Goldust's manager on Main Event this week in his match against Curt Hawkins.

7 hours ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

I like Dustin and all, but pairing him and Mandy at this point would do about as much for her as pairing Emma with Santino right out the gate did.

That said, the match last night was a lotta fun.

I mean, not really if it's done to setup a new gimmick. Mandy can work really well with Goldust as a permanent piece imo.

27 minutes ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

I'm curious to see how Bliss does when they turn her babyface (which seems to be imminent).  She seemed DOA in NXT until she turned heel and BAMF got some traction.  She was rather bland doing the babyface "sparkle fairy" gimmick.

I hope you do realize this ends with her slapping Braun after they lose, right?    There's no way they turn their best female heel.

45 minutes ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

I'm curious to see how Bliss does when they turn her babyface (which seems to be imminent).  She seemed DOA in NXT until she turned heel and BAMF got some traction.  She was rather bland doing the babyface "sparkle fairy" gimmick.

She talked about that a little, I think in the "My Daughter Is A WWE Superstar" thing they did? She said her original gimmick was too close to her own personality and that going heel freed her because nobody would think it was really her. Maybe with more experience now it wouldn't be a problem.

• Like 1

BTW - On the WWE conference call today, the must have repeated a 100 times that they were happy and Facebook was very happy with the MMC

So don't be surprised if we see another one in the Fall

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Norwegian Rudo said:

She talked about that a little, I think in the "My Daughter Is A WWE Superstar" thing they did? She said her original gimmick was too close to her own personality and that going heel freed her because nobody would think it was really her. Maybe with more experience now it wouldn't be a problem.

For those who want to see the video again or the first time:

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Norwegian Rudo said:

The trick is to basically keep the same character but have her going up against heels and doing things the fans can get behind. She could be a Hogan/Austin bully face pretty easily.

• Like 2

Just now, Matt D said:

The trick is to basically keep the same character but have her going up against heels and doing things the fans can get behind. She could be a Hogan/Austin bully face pretty easily.

I tried to say the same thing but wasn't able. Thank you for doing so, @Matt D.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I hope you do realize this ends with her slapping Braun after they lose, right?    There's no way they turn their best female heel.

I think I said that when they turned Charlotte face.  I wuz wrong.

8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

BTW - On the WWE conference call today, the must have repeated a 100 times that they were happy and Facebook was very happy with the MMC

So don't be surprised if we see another one in the Fall

They're already talking about adding someone new to the commentary team:

giphy.gif

On 2/7/2018 at 10:22 AM, Goodear said:

Just a delightful, fun tag match where they don't do anything but play to the crowd for the first half.   Mandy got to show off a personality beyond just being Absolution Member Number 3 and she should obviously be doing more of that rather than the generic nothing she is now.  Her heel work was really good especially the hair flip deal and running her mouth.  Goldust was obviously the star with tremendous facial expressions and funny spots.  

Again, house show tomfoolery is the best.  Give me this on a regular basis.

My favorite part was how willing the crowd was to play along.