DVDVR Message Board

WWE Mixed Match Challenge

ChesterCopperpot

5 hours ago, Matt D said:

Representing chairities in a worked competition, especially one where the top seed is representing the charity the company itself created, feels pretty gross to me. 

Isn't money going to be donated to all the charities represented on the show?  I think Rippa or someone said that at some point.

Yeah - every charity is getting money

It is still weird that they are choosing one charity over the others.

The only thing I can think of is that they went to every single charity beforehand and laid out the entire concept and made sure everyone was okay with it. It would also explain why almost every single charity is one the WWE has a working relationship already.

And the charities could feel like the exposure will be worth outside donations too.

Of course - all of this is expecting the WWE to actually think of all these things and they have shown in the past that this isn't necessarily their strong suit

The other charities were prob happy for the exposure, especially the smaller ones (like the rescue dog one). 

I did have a scary thought after Phil's post...

Could they parachute Cena and Nikki into the tournament, maybe in the fan vote slot? 

1 minute ago, odessasteps said:

Could they parachute Cena and Nikki into the tournament, maybe in the fan vote slot? 

If people keep getting hurt - I could definitely see this happening

Finally sitting down to watch last week's match. It occurs to me that Jimmy and Naomi are the rare example in that seeing them on Total Divas makes me like them less. 

I wonder how much of the clowning was intended and how much was improvised to wake up the dead crowd? Both teams came out to very little response. 

Mandy seemed over her head when actually wrestling. She looked nervous and tentative. There's potential there. She has a stunning look and the makings of some personality. But she has to be the worst wrestler we've seen so far in the tourney. (Carmella may or may not be better, but she has 10x the showmanship skills.) 

The actual match was meh, though Naomi's springing over Dustin's head to get to Mandy was an awesome spot. 

Interesting that the Uso team gets no post match promo or interview. Instead they bring out Rusev and Lana and even show Bayley and Elias on screen. 

Apparently today's vote was "Who would you rather interact in the comments with during tonight's MMC" and its Big E/Carmella vs. Nakamura/Nattie

Not surprisingly - Big E and Carmella are winning

I'm pretty sure MMC is not canon, otherwise they would've played up the Braun/Alexa "budding romance" thing from two weeks ago on RAW. Plus, lots of heels teaming with faces and such. No mention of RAW or SD storylines on MMC, or vice versa. 

• Like 1