DVDVR Message Board

Sexual Assault and Harassment in Hollywood

John from Cincinnati

10 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

If you've got a source, please share with class. Sharing is caring. :)

Shelly said in an interview that she got released from her WWE contract after Bautista said something she described as "unnecessary and uncalled for," but she was never really specific about the nature of the comments.  Her only elaboration was that his statement was outside the spectrum of pro wrestling.

When she said something retaliatory, Dave went to the office and that was that.  Shelly got shitcanned and took Kevin Thorn's career with her.

I've always been under the impression that there was more to the story than one single confrontation and that there had to be some ongoing thing going down where Shelly just had to say that enough was enough, but I am sure they had Shelly sign and NDA before she left and in return for that, she probably got her non-compete clause waived allowing her to go to TNA and keep working.

That is my conspiracy theory.

7 minutes ago, Raziel403 said:

Circling back to the "one percieved misdoing by the victim can be jumped on"... Gloria Aldred is a fucking idiot.

I Googled for the news ... and Jesus Harold Christ, right-wing Twitter is a hellhole.  Being a nonTweeter, this is news to me.

8 minutes ago, nate said:

I Googled for the news ... and Jesus Harold Christ, Twitter is a hellhole.  Being a nonTweeter, this is news to me.

FTFY, but yeah, besides Twitter being complete Thunderdome with no discernable consistantcy with enforcing it's policies, there are few total wild west forums to match how utterly horrible people on Twitter are.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zimbra said:

I'm sorry, what civil liberty is being violated by the public believing credible assault accusations against someone?  Must be stuck somewhere in the back of the constitution.

If I started ranking my concerns about the world "The public is overly credulous towards rape accusations" would not crack the top 500.

So you are basically in favor of virtual lynch mobs provided no one is physically hurt. 

I fucking hate Twitter except for Wrestling Twitter, some of Chicago Cubs Twitter, and, uh, that's about it.

Wrestling twitter is typically the best, but that's only if you focus on the funny shit, which is mostly Rusev or Chuckie T related.

NOT TRYING TO DIMINISH HER CLAIMS, *at least I sincerely don't believe I am* but there's always seemed to be something about Shelly Martinez that has given me a sense that she maximizes things.  In interviews, social media ... but if she's 100% spitting truths about her harassment, I hope she gets closure or justice or whatever she seeks.