DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Cinematic Universe - 2019 and Beyond

2 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

Sounds vaguely Tom King Vision-esque, only with Wanda in the Vision role.

Tom King and Gabriel Hernandez Walta's Vision, brilliant. Strongly recommend that to those who haven't read it.

Edited by The Natural

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

It has a new 4 minute action scene that wasn't there before. 

Guessing it's the one from the trailer where Spider-Man webs people up in a restaurant and says he's doing the cops jobs, something like that.

39 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Guessing it's the one from the trailer where Spider-Man webs people up in a restaurant and says he's doing the cops jobs, something like that.

I haven't seen any confirmation, but that's been the general guess online

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 7:53 AM, Bustronaut said:

Pretty much.  She's using her powers to set up a blissful TV domestic life with her and Vision, but reality keeps intruding.

Man, so they're just doing an updated version of Wanda's "chaos magic" angle where she used her powers to allow Vision to get her pregnant.... only the twins were like demon soul shards or something?

I hated most that shit, but it will be interesting to see if they use the show as a platform to make Wanda a MCU BBEG.  That could turn out to be interesting.

Edited by J.T.

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 3:59 PM, Casey said:

Hailee Steinfeld is expected to play Kate Bishop in the Hawkeye series.

She was also the voice of Spider-Gwen in Into the Spider-Verse.

Go get that Marvel money, girl!

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 3

Not sure if we're being trolled, but rumor mills are spinning tales about Marvel Studios looking for a person of color to play Magneto when the MCU absorbs the X-Men and that Denzel is the frontrunner.

At first I was like, "Wait, what?" and then I remembered that Magneto is pretty much the Malcom X of the tale, so why the fuck not have Denzel play Magneto since he should've fucking won an Oscar for portraying Malcolm X?

"We did not land on Plymouth Rock, Charles.  Plymouth Rock landed on us."

• Like 3

Just now, J.T. said:

Not sure if we're being trolled, but rumor mills are spinning tales about Marvel Studios looking for a person of color to play Magneto when the MCU absorbs the X-Men and that Denzel is the frontrunner.

At first I was like, "Wait, what?" and then I remembered that Magneto is pretty much the Malcom X of the tale, so why the fuck not have Denzel play Magneto since he should've fucking won an Oscar for portraying Malcolm X?

Not gonna lie, Denzel as Magneto would be fucking amazing.

10 minutes ago, Craig H said:

My first thought was Idris Elba as Magneto. Denzel, while great, is always very Denzel-y.

I think either one would get the job done. 

Make Magneto be from Ethiopia circa WW2 invasion of Africa by facist Italy and voila, black Jewish supervillain.

Hell, Genosha is in Africa, so the MCU House of M saga tied to Magneto being an African national is right there.   Pan-African politics will get interesting once Wakanda factors in.

With a few alterations, Black Magneto is a thing with real fucking legs.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, J.T. said:

This definitely feels like a troll and I'm rarely ever fond of race changing. That said, I have to admit Denzel as Magneto while super different does feel like it would be awesome.