DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Cinematic Universe - 2019 and Beyond

Don't really see a need for Darcy to return in WandaVision, especially with Love & Thunder being a thing. Yay for US Agent.

I have never read a single Moon Knight comic so I'm just generally curious about that one. Ms. Marvel should be interesting. Wonder if she will still be a Carol super fan. Curious how She-Hulk will turn out.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

Kit Harington is apparently signed to Marvel for something. Twitter thinks he's the new Wolverine. Because he's short.

35 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

There are so many version of Moon Knight. It will be curious to see which iteration they do. I’d think the current business suit wearing one. 

They should adapt lemire's run in the mental institution.

37 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

There are so many version of Moon Knight. It will be curious to see which iteration they do. I’d think the current business suit wearing one. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if they ended up moving it to Hulu. They’ve cancelled a Villians show for being too dark, and fired a showrunner from the High School Musical for trying to work in too many adult themes.

3 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if they ended up moving it to Hulu. They’ve cancelled a Villians show for being too dark, and fired a showrunner from the High School Musical for trying to work in too many adult themes.

Nah. Meanwhile they're touting the Mandalorian "darkier and freakier." I don't think what you said is necessarily good news but I also don't think it's going to bleed far over into the Marvel stuff. I assume the Marvel Zombies episode of What If? is going to be pretty horrific for instance.

3 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

That would make the most sense, even if I’d rather see the Moench/Sinkiewicz version. 

It's a little too much like Legion season 1. The trick would be not to do an origin story and just drop him and the watchers in and try to make sense of it all.

I'm honestly wondering if they won't go with an actor of Middle Eastern descent though. I think they could make that work here and it might be a thing to do.

11 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

You want to talk about adult, *ahem* the very sexually liberated She-Hulk who even Wolverine shot down because he wasn't interested in "Juggernaut's sloppy seconds."

I know they said they want Disney+ to be family friendly, but then you had heads on pikes in The Mandalorian, so I dunno. They better not mess up Moon Knight though. I'm really jacked for that one. 

WandaVision is described as Dick Van Dyke show meets the MCU. Like a 1950s sitcom style. Not sure why Darcy Lewis is there, but it's probably to push sitcom style wackiness. I can't say I'm too interested in WandaVision based on what I've seen so far. Or a Hawkeye show where he mentors Kate Bishop. There's really nothing interesting at all about movie Hawkeye.

I hope the Marvel Disney+ line turns out better than the Netflix one, which kind of limped to its death rather than finish with a bang. 

Edited by TheVileOne

11 hours ago, AxB said:

Kit Harington is apparently signed to Marvel for something. Twitter thinks he's the new Wolverine. Because he's short.

If Harington was so freaked out over the pressure of being the new male lead for Game of Thrones that it drove him to rehab, signing up to play Wolverine doesn't sound like a great idea for him.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

If Harington was so freaked out over the pressure of being the new male lead for Game of Thrones that it drove him to rehab, signing up to play Wolverine doesn't sound like a great idea for him.

Makes him a good Moon Knight though.

So upcoming Marvel Studios films:

Black Widow. May 2020.

Eternals. November 2020.

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings. February 2021.

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. May 2021.

Thor: Love and Thunder. November 2021.

Black Panther II. May 2022.

---

I'm predicting a four year wait for Captain Marvel 2. There are four years between Thor and Black Panther sequels. Longest time between sequels in MCU so far is five years from Doctor Strange to Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.

Be interesting to see which properties join Black Panther in 2022. Might it be Captain Marvel 2 after all? Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3? Too soon for X-Men or the Fantastic Four? Spider-Man rights shared again? We've had at least two Marvel Studios movies a year since 2013.

Edited by The Natural

The next two years will tell us a lot about the strength of the MCU brand, because between a prequel for a dead character, two pretty obscure properties in Eternals and Shang Chi, a (presumably continuity based and very trippy) horror move, and the first “Big 3” movie to feature a successor in the title role, there is nothing resembling a surefire hit.