DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Cinematic Universe - 2019 and Beyond

In Spider-Man's MCU solo movies, there's a guest appearance. Tony Stark in Spider-Man: Homecoming and Nick Fury from Spider-Man: Far From Home. Who would you like to see in the third film? Doctor Strange for me via their brief MCU interactions and how J. Michael Straczynski put them together in his run in the Amazing Spider-Man. 

Which villains would you like to see in the third Spider-Man film. Mine as posted yesterday are Kraven the Hunter and Doctor Octopus. I fancy it's Kraven's time.

Edited by The Natural

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

Maybe it’s just me, but still young high school dweeb Peter would seem to be overmatched on paper vs six bad guys, especially not knowing their versions of the other heels will be. 

I was just thinking about how pathetic Venom would be with HS dweeb Peter Parker as his nemesis.  He's a little kid Eddie, leave him alone.

1 hour ago, Casey said:

What’s a good way to write Spidey out of the MCU, if the rumors of Feige trying to come up with ways of writing him out of the universe is true?

Either way it’d be a downer.

He gives up being a hero to go to MIT. He keeps his powers and the door is open to put on the mask again some day.

I guess I should be more clear - “kill” off Peter in the MCU, but not actually kill him because Sony wants to use Holland for future Spidey projects.

That’s all assuming Holland sticks around post-Marvel Studios/Sony split, though.

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 11:47 AM, The Natural said:

Spider-Man 3, 16th July 2021.

I'd call it Spider-Man: Home Again. I'd like to see Kraven the Hunter as the villain or Doctor Octopus. 

Into the Spider-Verse has spoiled me.  I'd love to see them use Olivia Octavius instead of Otto if they brought back Doc Ock.

I also love the animated version of the Scorpion, but I am sure that the CGI that they'd need to utilize to bring him to live action would probably look horrible.

Keep Vincent D'Onofrio as Kingpin or GTFO.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Into the Spider-Verse has spoiled me.  I'd love to see them use Olivia Octavius instead of Otto if they brought back Doc Ock.

I am sure that the CGI that they'd need to utilize to bring the animated version of the Scorpion to live action would probably look horrible.

Agree with all this. Keep Charlie Cox as Matt Murdock/Daredevil. Love to see Holland's Spider-Man, Cox as Daredevil and D'Onofrio as the Kingpin on the big screen but that ain't happening.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

I think you're more likely to get She-Hulk in the next Spider-Man movie than you are Daredevil. Ya'll should probably let go of the casting choices for those characters in the Netflix universe, too. It's done.

3 hours ago, Casey said:

I think you're more likely to get She-Hulk in the next Spider-Man movie than you are Daredevil. Ya'll should probably let go of the casting choices for those characters in the Netflix universe, too. It's done.

Yeah, I know.  Mike Colter is starring on CBS's supernatural thriller show, Evil, and Charlie Cox is in a couple of movies so Netflix Marvel casting for MCU roles is probably not going to happen.

44 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I have no idea where it came from, but there was a report Marvel wants to keep Joe Bernthal as Punisher. Presumably take that with multiple grains of salt

It's no secret that Kevin Feige has a mad-on for the Netflix Punisher show and the rumor is that Feige is trying to pitch a new season of The Punisher with Jon still in the lead role to FX to replace Legion which appears to be quitting after Season 3 while its ahead.

There is also the ever present rumor that Bernthal as the Punisher could show up as a part of a retooled Midnight Sons line-up after the debut of Mahershala Ali's Blade joint if the impasse with Sony over Spider-Man holds true and characters such as Morbius the Living Vampire and the Man-Wolf remain Sony property under the Spidey license.

I think that everything tarnished by the souring effect of Iron Fist is going away for now (if not for good), including Daredevil and the rest of The Defenders characters. 

I seem to recall an interview with Elodie Yung where she said that Marvel's answer to whether or not they'd use her as Elektra again in some other martial arts heavy project like the upcoming Shang Chi joint was "Uh, no."

Edited by J.T.

2 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I have no idea where it came from, but there was a report Marvel wants to keep Joe Bernthal as Punisher. Presumably take that with multiple grains of salt

Definitely keep Jon Bernthal as the Punisher with Charlie Cox's Matt Murdock/Daredevil and Vincent D'Onofrio's Wilson Fisk. Cox and D'Onofrio are two of the best comic book to live action castings ever. Both are perfect in the parts.

Edited by The Natural

5 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

This came from We Got This Covered. Take it with a truckload of salt.

15 hours ago, J.T. said:

I am sure that the CGI that they'd need to utilize to bring the animated version of the Scorpion to live action would probably look horrible.

15 hours ago, The Natural said:

Agree with all this. Keep Charlie Cox as Matt Murdock/Daredevil. Love to see Holland's Spider-Man, Cox as Daredevil and D'Onofrio as the Kingpin on the big screen but that ain't happening.

I know they won't but I would love to see them use most the netflix casts again if they do anything with those properties. D'Onofrio especially needs to be Kingpin for life.

10 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

This actually doesn't shock me. The video that got Holland and Bernthal their respective Marvel roles or at least interviews was one they shot together while they were filming a movie.