DVDVR Message Board

ALL ENCOMPASSING STAR WARS THREAD

RIPPA

• 3 weeks later...

You can tell this is just a stunt by how she's suing for for specific performance instead of whatever money she's owed on her contract.  Hell, Disney might even settle that to get her to go away.

And to add another level of clown shoes apparently Elon Musk is bankrolling the lawsuit.

But if you really want to see how little chance she has (and how many lawyers are just willing to blatantly steal Elon's money):

GFrktdPb0AAyLr7?format=jpg&name=medium

I'm pretty sure the head of Tesla, SpaceX, and Twitter felt this was "epic."  And I'm still wondering how an 11 year old from 2007 time traveled and got stuck in the body of '20s Elon Musk.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Every damn time with these chuckleheads.  “My political views are being stifled by the woke powers that be” while the “political views” in question are just the most abhorrent shit that has nothing to do with politics (except the sad fact that this is what politics has become in some circles).  Like she’d be fired from the show for pushing conservative fiscal policy or something similar.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

"I totally got fired because of the woke ideology and not because I pissed off the Franchise's biggest star by trashing his sister"

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Raziel said:

"I totally got fired because of the woke ideology and not because I pissed off the Franchise's biggest star by trashing his sister"

Also said being right wing in America is like being Jewish during the Holocaust. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Patty Jenkins has returned as director for the Rogue Squadron movie

Since Wonder Woman 3 is not happening, Jenkins confirmed she has signed a new deal to write and direct the movie

No update on what the new release date for it will be (it was originally supposed to come out Dec 2023)

• Like 1

Because Leslye Headland was Weinstein's PA during his reign of terror, because everyone's memeing the "Close your eyes" line, and standard MAGAChud whining about their space wizards not all being straight white guys.

EDIT: Oh, and also the standard issue MAGAChud whining about hating everything Mouse related.

Edited by Raziel
  • Like 3

Also, The Acolyte is the first Star Wars project to feature trans people both behind and in front of the camera - Abigail Thorn is in the cast (but not appearing in the trailer), and Jen Richards is a part of the writing staff.

(Kenobi was the first to feature a trans person in front of the camera, Morgana Ignis was in it (as a puppeteer and creature actor)

As someone who only knows the live action movies and only watched Kenobi of the TV shows, where does The Acolyte place? I'd be classed as a casual fan probably. Thanks.

Edited by The Natural

I'm just so thankful for all the Star Wars stuff.  I didn't hate the sequel series -- I really enjoyed the Last Jedi.  I was disappointed they ret-conned everything in the Rise of Skywalker, but it wasn't bad bad.  Just kinda disappointing.  But I love Mando, Asoka, didn't hate Boba Fett (especially when they just focused on Boba), didn't hate Kenobi. 

Andor is obviously the shit, and Rogue One and Solo are the best of the sequel movies. 

Why are people so out to get Disney, Star Wars, etc.  What have we become?  Nobody hates Star Wars as much as Star Wars fans.  We're all armchair bookers who get pissed when they don't do the thing we made them do in our heads. 

(There's probably a parallel to all the maniacs who want AEW to fail)

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, The Natural said:

As someone who only knows the live action movies and only watched Kenobi of the TV shows, where does The Acolyte place? I'd be classed as a casual fan probably. Thanks.

Couple hundred years before Phantom Menace.  This is High Republic era, which Disney seems hell bent on worldbuilding, mostly because it wouldn't be affected by anything that happened in the current story era.

27 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

Why are people so out to get Disney, Star Wars, etc.  What have we become?  Nobody hates Star Wars as much as Star Wars fans.  We're all armchair bookers who get pissed when they don't do the thing we made them do in our heads. 

It's less about Star Wars fans, and more about what media they spend their other time consuming (YouTube, social media, Cable News, websites, etc).  

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Couple hundred years before Phantom Menace.  This is High Republic era, which Disney seems hell bent on worldbuilding, mostly because it wouldn't be affected by anything that happened in the current story era.

It's less about Star Wars fans, and more about what media they spend their other time consuming (YouTube, social media, Cable News, websites, etc).  

Thank you.

Rabid Star Wars fans & MAGA dirtbags is a wild Venn Diagram I hadn't planned on thinking about today.

It's also really something to see MAGA people and anti-rape people (w/r/t the Weinstein connection) on the same side.

Edited by Technico Support

49 minutes ago, JLSigman said:

So, is anyone watching season 3 of Bad Batch?

I am. Haven't caught this week's episode, but I've been digging it so far.

• Like 1