DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2017 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

15 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I feel like @J.T. will be the only one who will appreciate this

I was borderline because of my man crush on Iko Uwais, but Huggie Bear from Starsky & Hutch is in this mother fucker along with alien mechs beating the shit out of each other and it is Rated R.

I will go rent this wonderful piece of trash as soon as it shows up on Redbox.

Oh Dear Lord

Blockers (See if really is Cock Blockers but they can't say that. EDGY~!)

When three parents stumble upon their daughters’ pact to lose their virginity at prom, they launch a covert one-night operation to stop the teens from sealing the deal. Leslie Mann (The Other Woman, This Is 40), Ike Barinholtz (Neighbors, Suicide Squad) and John Cena (Trainwreck, Sisters) star in Blockers, the directorial debut of Kay Cannon (writer of the Pitch Perfect series).

Red Band due to language and terribleness

On 10/12/2017 at 3:32 PM, RIPPA said:

Oh Dear Lord

Blockers (See if really is Cock Blockers but they can't say that. EDGY~!)

When three parents stumble upon their daughters’ pact to lose their virginity at prom, they launch a covert one-night operation to stop the teens from sealing the deal. Leslie Mann (The Other Woman, This Is 40), Ike Barinholtz (Neighbors, Suicide Squad) and John Cena (Trainwreck, Sisters) star in Blockers, the directorial debut of Kay Cannon (writer of the Pitch Perfect series).

Red Band due to language and terribleness

Did some set work on this movie. It paid well. All I'm willing to say....

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 11:10 PM, Curt McGirt said:

You can always go watch Jack Frost and its sequels, if you're a complete masochist

I am going to give the troubled film career of Shannon Elizabeth some dignity and pretend that the Jack Frost horror movie does not exist.

I will pretend that Jack Frost only refers to the RB stop motion classic and the Michael Keaton family joint.

On 9/12/2017 at 12:49 PM, (BP) said:

Louis CK premiered a "surprise" movie at TIFF, I Love You Daddy. He stars in it along with Chloe Grace Moretz, Charlie Day, and John Malcovich. The essential conceit is what would happen if an apologist fan for a sacred cow director with a soiled reputation in the vein of Polanski or Allen were to meet their hero and discover they have designs on their teenage daughter. It sounds spicey, especially since it sort of acknowledges that CK has developed his own baggage that his fans ignore. I'm not sure if it's found distribution yet, but I'm assuming it'll make its way to Netflix. 

Guess what found a distributor!

I LOVE YOU, DADDY

Starring Louis CK, John Malkovich, and Chloe Grace Moretz

Directed by Louis CK

Trailer Release Timing by the gods of irony. 

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Trailer Release Timing by THE GODS OF IRONY. 

After watching the trailer, just thought that line needed some small work.

EDIT: And then I watched that Special Unit trailer and realized that North Korea should probably bomb us, or at least whoever runs iTunes

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

PHANTOM THREAD

Directed by: Paul Thomas Anderson

Seriously, this looks like someone watched all of PTA's movies and said, these are fine, but I'd like to make them about twice as pretentious. 

Then triple that.