DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2017 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

9 hours ago, J.T. said:

It also helps that Rosario Dawson and Rachel Leigh Cooke were also hot like lava in that movie.  I hope RLC has aged well and is just as adorable now as she was back then.

rachael-leigh-cook-at-la-family-housing-

She's 37 (38 next week, in fact). And she's had a baby. But you'd never know.

• Like 1

Just got back from the Josie screening. Adam Schlesinger from Fountains of Wayne sat in on one of the Josie songs he wrote (Pretend to be Nice). Hanley literally started crying at the bridge of "You Don't See Me" Tara Reid and Rachel Leigh Cook were dancing 10 feet away from me in the audience during "Spin Around". And halfway through the Q&A before the film, Rachel and Tara start frantically waving towards the wings until Rosario Dawson walks on stage and the crowd goes nuclear. Dawson had flown cross country and came directly from the airport to make it. Dawson also says she still quotes the movie on a regular basis, usually not her own lines.  

This was the first and only time the songs have been performed live.

DKtCzs_XkAAt5Je.jpg

Reunited.

• Like 3

GOTTI

Starring John Travolta, Stacy Keach, and Kelly Preston

I think this is going to suffer from "Covers WAY too much material" Syndrome. Especially since the director isn't someone like Coppola or Scorcese, but rather is a guy from Entourage

10 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

GOTTI

Starring John Travolta, Stacy Keach, and Kelly Preston

I think this is going to suffer from "Covers WAY too much material" Syndrome. Especially since the director isn't someone like Coppola or Scorcese, but rather is a guy from Entourage

I like how Emmett Furla has cornered the market on these low budget films with actors who were hot in the 90s: Cage, Travolta, Bruce Willis, Keanu Reeves, etc. Willis has been in like 15 EFO films and that might not even be hyperbole.

3 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

ANNIHILATION

Starring Natalie Portman and Jennifer Jason Leigh

The book by Jeff Vandermeer is A+++++++ crazy shit.  According to Vandermeer, the movie is very different, but I have a lot of faith in Alex Garland.

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Also, here is the international trailer for Darkest Hour.  I think Oldman's about to win his first Oscar...

Poor Brian Cox. First Lecter then Churchill. In the very same year for Churchill too. 

Bruce Willis has signed on for Die Hard 6.  

Although!   It's supposed to be as bookends for Die Hard: Year One.  A different actor will play the rookie version of McClaine in 1970's NYC.  This *might* be okay. 

This fits a little better in this thread

After posting record losses of $135 million during the last financial year, Luc Besson’s film studio EuropaCorp is set to scale back its ambitions and rejig its strategy to climb out of the red.

The new plan, which EuropaCorp CEO Marc Shmuger unveiled during a shareholders meeting in Paris on Wednesday, involves a drastic reduction of the film slate, an increase in TV activity and cutbacks in overhead, as reported last week in Variety. The company plans to produce two to three English-language films a year – including its next project, an action thriller by Besson already in pre-production – and two French movies per year, Shmuger confirmed to Variety following the shareholders meeting.

-----------

Although Shmuger did not address budgets, a source close to the company said that EuropaCorp will work with more modest budgets of about $25 million to $35 million per film.

The first film to be produced under this new mandate is Besson’s next movie, an English-language action thriller with a female lead, budgeted in the $30 million range. The film, based on an original idea and written by Besson, is due to start shooting next month.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/europacorp-rejigs-strategy-cut-losses-post-valerian-1202574239/

Also in the story is that Besson has written a sequel to Lucy - if it gets made or not is a different story.