DVDVR Message Board

[NOV 2016] WRESTLING PHOTO RESTART

RIPPA

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

There were some good Bad News stories on the Storm/Callis pod this week. 

Callis is a good source for Bad News stories. Those guys were pretty close, from what I remember Don saying on that podcast he, Lenny and Storm did last year with Jericho (which was awesome).

3 hours ago, Matt D said:

20161109_DreamSSTeams_5_SamoaJoe--43885d

Joe's personal picks.

Bad News would be there to the finish so long as Warrior didn't sandbag.

If he did, Warrior would get what this beer belly sharecropper right here just got.

25_bad-news-brown-13.jpg

• Like 2

That's like if someone asks you to take their dog for a walk, and you really don't want to do it, so you say "I'll do it, but only as long as he never says woof."

I feel bad for Kendrick knowing that team of his can't ever happen.

Also, I can think of a certain Canadian that's really going to be mad his BFF Jericho didn't pick him for Team Y2J.

And of course that would be Lance Storm.

• Like 1

I wish I didn't find Jericho's Funaki pick so amusing.  I liked Funaki a lot before he made it to the WWE and his career as a serious wrestler died and rolled over in its grave a few times (granted, he was fairly over, so I'd imagine he sold some merch and made a decent amount of money during his run.  And generally didn't have to take insane bumps to try to get over or pop the crowd).

Edit: Bayley's is so amazingly random.  Cedric's team would crush everyone, unless they did something dumb.... like tag in Cedric.

56 minutes ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

I wish I didn't find Jericho's Funaki pick so amusing.  I liked Funaki a lot before he made it to the WWE and his career as a serious wrestler died and rolled over in its grave a few times (granted, he was fairly over, so I'd imagine he sold some merch and made a decent amount of money during his run.  And generally didn't have to take insane bumps to try to get over or pop the crowd)

It earned him a pretty cushy announcing gig after he retired, too.  Being HBK's steroid mule/buddy pays off, apparently.

56 minutes ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

Cedric's team would crush everyone, unless the did something dumb.... like tag in Cedric.

How dare you.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

.Edit: Bayley's is so amazingly random. 

Norman Smiley was one of Bayley's main trainers, wasn't he? He's guy who, if you only know him from WCW, you don't know him. And shame on everyone who didn't pick Macho Man, your official DVDVR best American Wrestler ever.