DVDVR Message Board

[NOV 2016] WRESTLING PHOTO RESTART

RIPPA

Remember this gem from the first photo thread?

795702215_o.jpg

Well it finally came in. I watched it, and I still don't know what I just saw. Apparently someone had the rights to Tito Santana's old AWF footage, so prepare for that being substituted for the WWF! (The old AWF logo in the corner is conviently replaced with a graphic that reads "LIVE!") It's full of a lot of bizarre "facts" and interviews, but mostly just errors. Yes, Tito and Vince Russo are the two main interviews, but there's some comments from Bobcat, the first women's WWF Hardcore Champion (Godfather's Ho), referee Jesse Martinez, and sports writers no one has heard of. Ever want to see Chris Benoit as Wild Pegasus identified as The Blue Blazer? Watch this. Vince also has some gems in comment form including blaming Bret for the Montreal Screwjob because he was selfish and blaming Owen for not refusing to do the stunt that killed him.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

Vince also has some gems in comment form including blaming Bret for the Montreal Screwjob because he was selfish and blaming Owen for not refusing to do the stunt that killed him.

Holy shit,  Words... fail me.

Please tell me that was a typo from Green Meanie.  If not then holy shit he better hope that doesn't come back to haunt him.  And yet I feel a need to see a clip of him saying this because I can't believe he would be dense enough to say that.

I'm not joking. He literally says that Owen didn't refuse to do the stunt even though he knew he was afraid of heights, and wasn't familiar with the rigging system. And in fact, asked that he (Blazer) got to enter the match first due to reality (i.e. if Godfather came in first, Blazer's entrance would have to take time involving him taking the rig off so Godfather could just attack him, Owen asked Vince about it, and Vince said that made sense so changed it to where Owen could come in first.)

Well, I tried to upload the clip to YouTube, but it was immediately blocked by WWE. Ironically enough, the section they disputed contained no WWF footage whatsoever, it was actually AWF footage and them speaking about the equipment they used. Also, Vince didn't literally blame Owen but what he did say implied it.

17 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Regardless, thanks for letting us know what's in there. I've seen that thing on Amazon for a long time but always scrolled past on account of the cover suggesting it's a steaming pile. Wowzers. 

Don't get me wrong, it is...but it's a pile that needs to be seen.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

Remember this gem from the first photo thread?

795702215_o.jpg

Well it finally came in. I watched it, and I still don't know what I just saw. Apparently someone had the rights to Tito Santana's old AWF footage, so prepare for that being substituted for the WWF! (The old AWF logo in the corner is conviently replaced with a graphic that reads "LIVE!") It's full of a lot of bizarre "facts" and interviews, but mostly just errors. Yes, Tito and Vince Russo are the two main interviews, but there's some comments from Bobcat, the first women's WWF Hardcore Champion (Godfather's Ho), referee Jesse Martinez, and sports writers no one has heard of. Ever want to see Chris Benoit as Wild Pegasus identified as The Blue Blazer? Watch this. Vince also has some gems in comment form including blaming Bret for the Montreal Screwjob because he was selfish and blaming Owen for not refusing to do the stunt that killed him.

Wait Vince McMahon or Russo? Because if McMahon that's really awful and if Russo it's just par for the course for the inane garbage he spouts.