DVDVR Message Board

2016-17 NBA - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

True, but he's played his entire career for the worst front office in the NBA and for like a dozen coaches.  I'm really curious if having decent structure and support around him would let him channel that crazy into productivity.

The number I saw a month ago when this new CBA rule was discussed was he could 

A: Sign a 6 year 235 Million dollar deal.

or wait a year annnnnd

B: Sign a 4 year 138 million dollar deal.

That's a lot of reasons to not give a fuck about playing for shit team. 

54 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Another reason to trade him because that ain't happening in Sac. 

Remember that heady two weeks or so when Sacramento got a new owner and a new arena and it seemed like they might be OK?  I miss that.

All-Star picks are already leaking out

Spoiler

Curry over Westbrook is some bullshit.

For the most part I would say that the new All-Star Voting system seemed to work out. It prevents vote for the worst movements or just popular but not necessarily deserving players being voted to the All-Star Game. I feel there is discussion to be had with the front court selections and I feel like anyway you would cut it there would be a degree of dissatisfaction with both the east and the west back courts.  

Edit: The official release has breakdowns of the voting which is also interesting to look at. Especially some of the differences between the player and media votes.

I don't think there is any intellectually honest argument for any West backcourt except Harden and Westbrook. I love Curry, but he's clearly down a bit from last year, even if partially it's because he's letting KD be the focal point. In the meantime, Harden, Westbrook and Durant have been probably the three best players in the NBA so far this year (sorry OKC) and Curry should be coming off the bench.

I guess Steph was so good last season it earned him a starting spot for two years.

I feel like the NBA is some sick Truman Show production, where everyone is in on it except Russel Westbrook and they're trying their best to make him lose his mind on live TV.

• Like 4

Curry over Westbrook is straight up garbage. Hopefully Pat Beverley will do right by Westbrook tonight and make it so Russ can start in the All-Star. 

Although, with the way the Warriors have been going after LeBron and Russ this week, it wouldn't be unwarranted.

100nfPR.jpg

"I've been held back by Lebron, KD, Russ, and Kyrie. Pat Riley let Wade go because he knew I was coming and that I can give Miami a superstar they've been desperately lacking since Lebron left."

Ladies and Gentlemen, Dion. Fucking. Waiters.

• Like 3

"I can look at Jimmy and say Jimmy is doing his job. I think Jimmy can look at me and say Dwyane is doing his job.   I don’t know if we can keep going down the line and be able to say that." - DWade post game.

Bulls are not a fun team to watch. 

• Like 1