DVDVR Message Board

NFL OFF FIELD ISSUES

RIPPA

48 minutes ago, Tabe said:

5-7 with Mahomes throwing for 5000 yds and 41 TDs. They gave up 44 points a game that year and it was an IMPROVEMENT over the year before. Good lord. 

I have very few absolutes in my sports random,  but if you have a transcendent quarterback and a losing record,  you're a bad coach. I feel the same way about basketball players who don't get into the NCAA tournament. We should have known everything we needed to know about both Ben Simmons and Markelle Fultz when they couldn't drag their team to the tournament. You might get a good player who didn't play in the tourney,  but they couldn't be the #1 pick on my team.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Tabe said:

5-7 with Mahomes throwing for 5000 yds and 41 TDs. They gave up 44 points a game that year and it was an IMPROVEMENT over the year before. Good lord. 

I mean, Tech fired him and he was going to be going back to being a college OC when the Cardinals talked themselves into the Cryler-Klondike package.

And, hey, Kingsbury might be a really good OC. He's more likely to have time to focus on making adjustments as the season goes on if he isn't also running the whole team, if nothing else.

Actually, if he gets fired, he feels like a candidate for the Nick Saban Coach Rehabilitation Program.

2 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

And, hey, Kingsbury might be a really good OC. He's more likely to have time to focus on making adjustments as the season goes on if he isn't also running the whole team, if nothing else.

Actually, if he gets fired, he feels like a candidate for the Nick Saban Coach Rehabilitation Program.

I agree with all of that.  

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Antonio Brown reportedly has an active warrant for his arrest for domestic battery.  

And some less reputable sources are saying he's in an active stand off with the police. 

If there is a standoff, I hope it ends peacefully. 

All this AB nonsense over the years really makes me wonder if the Steelers just did a really good job harnessing the crazy and or if an accumulation of head trauma has made him who he is now. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Infinit said:

If there is a standoff, I hope it ends peacefully. 

All this AB nonsense over the years really makes me wonder if the Steelers just did a really good job harnessing the crazy and or if an accumulation of head trauma has made him who he is now. 

Antonio Brown, who is legitimately a hall of fame talent, played at Central Michigan.  If you think that happened on accident, you don't understand how football works.  There is not a football team on earth without at least 1 crazy person.  The amount of crazy it takes to overwhelm his talent is outrageous.  Just think how many people have to say, "nope, I'm not doing that," for him to get to Central Michigan.  Also, do a Google image search of his team photos from Central Michigan, you won't be disappointed.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Log said:

Boo.

I will now, on principle, make a point to not buy whatever that ad was for.

this is going to come as a big shock (pun intended) but it was for online sports gambling.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Apple has reportedly dropped out of the bidding for the NFL Sunday Ticket package, which will only be with DirecTV for 23 more days.

Apple, apparently, wanted to offer Sunday Ticket to subscribers free of charge and the NFL said "LOL no."

The two finalists are reportedly Amazon (Amazon Prime) and Google (YouTube TV).

Edited by Gonzo

On 12/16/2022 at 9:34 PM, Gonzo said:

Apple has reportedly dropped out of the bidding for the NFL Sunday Ticket package, which will only be with DirecTV for 23 more days.

Apple, apparently, wanted to offer Sunday Ticket to subscribers free of charge and the NFL said "LOL no."

The two finalists are reportedly Amazon (Amazon Prime) and Google (YouTube TV).

That’s funny since I had Sunday Ticket free for at least 2 years with DirecTV

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JLowe said:

That’s funny since I had Sunday Ticket free for at least 2 years with DirecTV

Pretty much everybody on the planet got free Sunday Ticket from DirecTV.  That was 90% of the recruiting pitch to sign up for DirecTV in the first place.

• Haha 2