DVDVR Message Board

NFL OFF FIELD ISSUES

RIPPA

The original tweet was in the Super Bowl thread, and I'm not unlocking that for this... 

Michael Irvin got the hotel security footage from the incident before the SB.    He and his lawyers will be showing it later today.  

He's also dropping (in Texas) & refiling (in Arizona) his suit against Marriott for $100 million. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

The original tweet was in the Super Bowl thread, and I'm not unlocking that for this... 

Michael Irvin got the hotel security footage from the incident before the SB.    He and his lawyers will be showing it later today.  

He's also dropping (in Texas) & refiling (in Arizona) his suit against Marriott for $100 million. 

It's legit just them having a conversation. He touches her elbow twice and she gives no physical indication that she has a problem with the casual touch or anything they're talking about. Michael Irvin might end up with an extra $100 million. 

• Like 2

I don't think the video really resolves anything without the audio. She very visibly steps back the first time he touches her, and she immediately leaves with another employee, presumably to review the video with somebody in charge.

It definitely doesn't look like he leered at her after he left, but otherwise it's impossible to know without hearing what's said. It's not uncommon at all for women, especially at their job, to do their best to hide discomfort during an interaction because, well, it can potentially be dangerous not to.

On the other hand, I assume the hotel security system records audio and the fact that they haven't released it makes it look like it's not a strong argument on their side.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I don't think the video really resolves anything without the audio. She very visibly steps back the first time he touches her, and she immediately leaves with another employee, presumably to review the video with somebody in charge.

It definitely doesn't look like he leered at her after he left, but otherwise it's impossible to know without hearing what's said. It's not uncommon at all for women, especially at their job, to do their best to hide discomfort during an interaction because, well, it can potentially be dangerous not to.

On the other hand, I assume the hotel security system records audio and the fact that they haven't released it makes it look like it's not a strong argument on their side.

Several people were close enough to overhear the conversation and are backing Irvin’s version of events.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Former Las Vegas TE Foster Moreau is stepping away from football as he undergoes treatment for Hodgkin's Lymphoma. 

It's the second time in the last few years the Saints medical staff has discovered a potentially life threatening ailment in a player's physical. They also found Jon Dorenbos's aortic aneurysm.

Clearly they do a very thorough routine physical.

• 3 weeks later...

The widow of Dwayne Haskins is suing a variety of people and businesses alleging that Haskins was drugged as part of a conspiracy to rob him before he was killed walking on a highway. This article is pretty short on any details:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/36147099/dwayne-haskins-drugged-blackmail-conspiracy-death-lawsuit-alleges

• 3 weeks later...

Former Las Vegas Raiders receiver Henry Ruggs III unconditionally waived his right to a preliminary hearing Tuesday and will plead guilty to one count of DUI resulting in death and one count of misdemeanor vehicular manslaughter in a 2021 case in which he's accused of killing a woman in a car crash.

According to a plea agreement presented Tuesday in Las Vegas justice court, Ruggs will serve three to 10 years in Nevada state prison. The case now moves to the 8th Judicial District Court for a hearing on May 10, when he is expected to formally plead guilty.

Ruggs attended the hearing Tuesday and, when asked whether he understood the proceedings, replied, "Yes, your honor."

The charges dropped as part of the plea deal were one count of DUI causing substantial harm regarding his passenger and two counts of reckless driving.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/36982403/ex-raiders-wr-henry-ruggs-iii-plead-guilty-fatal-dui-case

Matt Araiza, the "Punt God" who was released after being sued for participating in a gang rape, has had a transcript released by prosecutors in which they confront his accuser and shred her accusation against him by presenting her with evidence that he'd left an hour before, among other things. In other words, he's been definitively cleared. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

If you're terminally online (like me), you've probably heard of "Baby Gronk".  Some kid that's like 10, on Instagram, and supposedly already has a commit to LSU.  He is also not releated to Rob Gronkowski, at all.

Well, the actual Gronk is apparently going to C&D him and his father because they've been harassing him for engagement. 

This whole thing is going to end super, duper bad.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

If you're terminally online (like me), you've probably heard of "Baby Gronk".  Some kid that's like 10, on Instagram, and supposedly already has a commit to LSU.  He is also not releated to Rob Gronkowski, at all.

Well, the actual Gronk is apparently going to C&D him and his father because they've been harassing him for engagement. 

If that kid's dad was smart (EDIT: and/or cared about him), they'd engage with Todd Marinovich instead.

• Like 4

The gambling suspensions are:

Isaiah Rodgers and Rashod Berry of the Indianapolis Colts and free agent Demetrius Taylor are being suspended indefinitely -- through at least the 2023 season -- for betting on NFL games last season.

In addition, Tennessee Titans offensive tackle Nicholas Petit-Frere is being suspended six games for betting on other sports at the workplace.

Rodgers placed at least one bet on a Colts game

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

The gambling suspensions are:

Isaiah Rodgers and Rashod Berry of the Indianapolis Colts and free agent Demetrius Taylor are being suspended indefinitely -- through at least the 2023 season -- for betting on NFL games last season.

In addition, Tennessee Titans offensive tackle Nicholas Petit-Frere is being suspended six games for betting on other sports at the workplace.

Rodgers placed at least one bet on a Colts game

A bet he won. A prop bet. 

The Colts immediately cut Rodgers and Berry loose. 

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Gronk will get flak for "picking on a kid" even though he's 100% in the right here. 

And, yeah, I'm sure the kids totally has a commit to LSU. Even Indiana waited until 8th grade with Damon Bailey. 

Hassan Haskins was arrested for aggravated assault by strangulation which sounds bad. I expect there's a very good chance the Titans cut him in the very near future.

On 7/1/2023 at 2:08 AM, Brian Fowler said:

Hassan Haskins was arrested for aggravated assault by strangulation which sounds bad. I expect there's a very good chance the Titans cut him in the very near future.

One thing to note is that In Tennessee, starting July 1st, the penalty for strangulation has increased.

Not sure what the increased penalties are, but that may effect his sentence if he's found guilty.

Report is that Mr. & Mrs. Tom Brady lost around $48 million in the FTX collapse last year.  

So if you wanna know why she left him... that might be among the reasons. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

33 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Report is that Mr. & Mrs. Tom Brady lost around $48 million in the FTX collapse last year.  

So if you wanna know why she left him... that might be among the reasons. 

I already assumed this is the reason he un-retired for last season as it is

• Like 3