DVDVR Message Board

NFL OFF FIELD ISSUES

RIPPA

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

This feels like the kind of thing the NFL wouldn't do if they didn't have REALLY strong evidence in their favor.  And it definitely feels like something the morons at the NFLPA would do.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Two thoughts:

1) Someone is 100% going to die horrifically before a Bills game and cause all tailgating to be banned at Rich before and after games.

2) EMT, and I cannot stress this enough, can never, ever be paid enough.

So, basically, he was trying out to be owner of the Colts?

• Haha 4

Chicago DC Alan Williams had his home raided by cops over the weekend.  

Halas Hall (Bears' HQ) was raided this morning by police.

There are a LOT of theories coming out about what's going on.   A friend who works for the Tribune says what he's heard is "bad".  This will probably be breaking very, very soon. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Chicago DC Alan Williams had his home raided by cops over the weekend.  

Halas Hall (Bears' HQ) was raided this morning by police.

There are a LOT of theories coming out about what's going on.   A friend who works for the Tribune says what he's heard is "bad".  This will probably be breaking very, very soon. 

I've seen people mention the thing that is indeed VERY BAD.

Not to be too glib with what could be revealed soon but the idea of a former Chicago Bears mainstay being an FBI agent is really something too. Especially since I'd guess he's doing more than the "hey, i'm a famous athlete here to talk to the kids" FBI agent stuff but probably some pretty solid stuff in that field.

• Like 2

Yeah it would make a lot sense if the FBI kept the former Chicago Bear FBI agent away from an investigation involving the Bears DC because duh. If they had Peanut Tillman working a Bears case, that would be preposterously stupid and reflect badly if something went wrong in the process.

Congrats to the people around Halas Hall who got confused for FBI Agents today.

14 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

j-jonah-jameson-slander.gif

(I'd think that defamation of character would be a much clearer avenue here)

Fair enough. . . .lol. On the other hand if its as innocent as they are trying to claim, why let the story dangle for that long, and why couldn't Eberflus announce it at the press conference. Just a WTF day all around. . . 

1 hour ago, Cobra Commander said:

Pat McAfee sources are saying there was a raid.

The amount of “we’re not saying anything more than this” in the statements is certainly something

It does seem highly implausible that there'd be absolutely no details released if Williams had a health issue serious enough to necessitate quitting his job with zero notice. 

• Like 3

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38479122/sources-alan-williams-left-bears-inappropriate-activity

Alan Williams resigned as Chicago Bears defensive coordinator last week in part because of inappropriate activity, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Williams was not involved in any criminal activity, sources told Schefter, but the Bears' human resources department was part of the process that culminated in his abrupt resignation Wednesday.

A digital forensic search was conducted as part of Williams' resignation, according to sources, who added that such a process was part of the team's standard operating procedure.

21 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Oh boy... this is gonna get so much worse before it gets anywhere close to better...

That sounds really bad as it is. I hope he gets whatever help he needs but I feel like it's headed toward a bad ending. The fire department doesn't just show up and hospitalize you out of nowhere. 

• Like 2

Of course - the other issue is no one taking Jones phone away so that he will stop posting on social media

His most recent posts show he clearly has issues with Josh McDaniels