DVDVR Message Board

NFL OFF FIELD ISSUES

RIPPA

Judge Kathleen Gomes has ended the conservatorship over Michael Oher by that Memphis couple.   

Noting in her ruling she's never seen a conservatorship last this long without someone being disabled. 

• Like 3

And now Chandler Jones has been arrested

Raiders defensive end Chandler Jones was arrested Friday in Las Vegas, according to online jail records.

Jones was listed as an inmate at the Clark County Detention Center as of late Friday morning. He allegedly violated a domestic violence temporary protective order and was held on $15,000 bail, according to jail records.

Cross-post from the week 4 thread:

The NFL is overhauling punishments for gambling by NFL players.  The new penalties are:

- 2 years for betting on your own team

- 1 year for betting on another team

- betting on non-NFL sports at an NFL facility will result in 2 games, 6 games, and then a year for repeated violations

On 10/1/2023 at 3:36 AM, Travis Sheldon said:

I really hope he gets some proper help, because the video of him talking about Aaron Hernandez is tough to watch.

The allegation that McDaniels could have had a hand in Hernandez's death is preposterous.

There's no way Josh is competent enough to make that happen.

With that said,  I'd watch a 4 part documentary on Aaron Hernandez and at least half of the interviews have to be from people who knew him and believe that all of this is a lie. He seems to have been loved by his friends in an uncommon way even after they heard he murdered a few people. I saw a YouTube video of Fred Taylor talking about how he talked to Hernandez the day before he died and he's convinced that he he didn't actually kill himself. I just want to know what all these people saw in him that makes them go to bat for him even after all the evidence. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, supremebve said:

With that said,  I'd watch a 4 part documentary on Aaron Hernandez and at least half of the interviews have to be from people who knew him and believe that all of this is a lie. He seems to have been loved by his friends in an uncommon way even after they heard he murdered a few people. I saw a YouTube video of Fred Taylor talking about how he talked to Hernandez the day before he died and he's convinced that he he didn't actually kill himself. I just want to know what all these people saw in him that makes them go to bat for him even after all the evidence. 

I wonder if anyone has a "he was possessed by a literal demon" take like Jericho on Benoit.

The thing about the Hernandez story that fascinates me isn't that these guys liked him, it's that none of them seemed to be able to believe he was capable of something like this.  I grew up in a small town in Northern Ohio as the steel industry was leaving and the crack industry was gaining steam.  I grew up around some people who have done some horrific things.  You know what though, if you were to go back and ask a 10-year-old me who among my friends was the most likely to go to jail, I'm sure I would have been pretty accurate in my guesses.  It was a small town that seemed to breed nothing but hard-headed young boys, but even then there were a few who were just willing to take things a step or two further than the rest of us.  There are some people who I would have guessed would have ended up in jail, who grew out of their behaviors and didn't go to jail.  There is not one who did end up in jail that would have surprised me.  I don't think the average person is willing to shoot someone, and the people who are willing to shoot someone tend to be the type of people who would do all types of other crazy shit beforehand.  The fact that none of these people think Hernandez was capable of killing someone is crazy to me.  I'm not saying he had to have been a bad friend, or even an openly bad person, but he had to have done something when they knew him that made them think, "Aaron goes too far sometimes," or something like that.  

• Like 1

Aaron Rodgers wants to have a vaccine debate with Travis Kelce

Rodgers and Robert F Kennedy Jr "vs" Kelce and Anthony Fauci

This happened on the Pat McAfee Show and I am already dumber for having to type all of that

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Aaron Rodgers wants to have a vaccine debate with Travis Kelce

Rodgers and Robert F Kennedy Jr "vs" Kelce and Anthony Fauci

This happened on the Pat McAfee Show and I am already dumber for having to type all of that

AJ isn't exactly looking comfortable during this conversation, I'll note.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, supremebve said:

I've been awaiting a full crazy NFL quarterback for my entire life. I thought I'd enjoy it more. I feel like one of those people who has all their dreams come true and then looked around and said,  "damn, this is it?"

I've been a Packers fan since the early 90s because they "are owned by the city/fans". I loved Brett Favre, pillhead, sex pest, and swindler. Then Aaron Rodgers, for a long time thought to be the "based" QB who rather than being a fruitcake anti-vax Berkeley hippie type is actually a dipshit libertarian NoCal recluse type. Plus the whole "owned by the fans" thing being a little bit of a scam and the fans themselves being less the Madison/Milwaukee type and more the rest of Wisconsin type.

Sergio Brown is officially being charged with the first degree murder of his mother

He was taken into custody today when caught re-entering the US from Mexico (He was deported by Mexican law enforcement officials)

• Sad 1

On 10/11/2023 at 12:49 PM, supremebve said:

I've been awaiting a full crazy NFL quarterback for my entire life. I thought I'd enjoy it more. I feel like one of those people who has all their dreams come true and then looked around and said,  "damn, this is it?"

Siri, play "Is That All There Is" by Cristina

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

The CTE they find when they cut open his brain is going to make Benoit look like the sanest person on earth.

I want to remind everyone that he went to Central Michigan University. Antonio Brown was as good as any wide receiver ever. That caliber of player does not end up at Central Michigan on accident.   He was crazy long before the NFL. He might have picked up some CTE along the way,  but the outlier for his entire life are the sane years. 

• Like 3