DVDVR Message Board

NFL OFF FIELD ISSUES

RIPPA

Kinda shocked that certain sects of Bama fans didn't start frothing at the mouth when Hightower said he wasn't going given how bent out of shape they get whenever a non-white player dares have an opinion about politics, lol.

In Hightower' case - he didn't go to the last time the Pats won either and his reasoning was he already had gone when Bama won.

I imagine that bought him some good will with the fan base 

Police: Darrelle Revis facing assault, robbery charges

Pittsburgh Police say charges are pending against Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis after an incident last Sunday morning in the city’s South Side area.

Those charges include robbery, terroristic threats, conspiracy and aggravated assault.

According to the statement, police found a 21-year old man and a 22-year old man unconscious around 2:40 a.m. last Sunday, and after reviewing cellphone video police confirmed that Revis had an altercation with those men on the sidewalk. The police statement said those men remember encountering Revis and having a verbal argument but woke up after being punched.

38 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Based on some of the stuff I watched on Kevin Durant's return to Oklahoma City, I need to know what these dudes said before I judge whether or not it was right for them to be knocked unconscious.

According to the Post the one yo-yo stalked Revis with his cell phone camera and he got fed up and grabbed it and threw it to the ground. This lead to the altercation with yo-yo 1 and yo-yo 2. In short Revis was totally justified in his actions and the charges are total bullshit.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gonzo said:

Matt Elam is set to become a free agent in a couple of weeks. He's likely going to be a free agent for a while.

Was his salary really that bad that he had to sell drugs on the side to make ends meet? And if you want to deal weed go sign with Denver or Seattle where you can open up a nice storefront.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, sabremike said:

Was his salary really that bad that he had to sell drugs on the side to make ends meet? And if you want to deal weed go sign with Denver or Seattle where you can open up a nice storefront.

Two things.  

I'm not surprised by any football player having a bunch of pain killers and/or weed.  Playing football is pretty much the most physically debilitating thing that we allow people to do legally.  I don't know if he was selling those drugs or using them, but legal intent to distribute isn't the same thing as actually intending to distribute

With that said...there is a weed man for everybody.  Everybody thinks drug dealers are poor people in bad neighborhoods, but rich people do just as many drugs.  They don't go to bad neighborhoods to get their drugs, because there is a drug dealer in every neighborhood.  If the demand for drugs in NFL locker rooms is high, which it probably is, there is probably a player or coach, or owner who is selling them.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ryan said:

They'd find some idiotic reason for probable cause. Or just make it up.

The war on drugs has pretty much made probably cause irrelevant.  The cops are allowed to search you for drugs without much of a reason.  New York spent years doing the whole stop and frisk thing where they just searched every (black or latino) person walking down the street.  

18 minutes ago, Ryan said:

I'm well aware of this, strangely crime is down dramatically after they stopped doing it. Odd how that works.

Well it was pretty much a huge waste of time.  They never had more than a 2% "success" rate.  They pretty much took a shit on the 4th amendment, and over 98% of the time they didn't accomplish anything but disenfranchise people.  

• 3 weeks later...

A judge dismissed all charges against Darelle Revis after a friend testified that he knocked both men out and was the voice on the tape threatening them.

Now that is having your friend's back. Save him from a two on one beat down, and then confess in court to keep him out of prison.