DVDVR Message Board

The Saturday Night Live thread

ChesterCopperpot

• 1 month later...

Louis CK, amidst rumors that he likes to jerk off in front of unwilling female comics, hosted the season finale.

Forgettable show overall but his monologue bit about child molestation is drawing some anger from people. I found it funny, though I'm a hard person to offend.

It's hard to take Gawker seriously when you have staff people in comments section asking people if they heard any rumors and to PM them if they know of any other rumors. That said, it's now apparent to me Louis stinks on this show, monologues aside.  

Louis's monologue was amazing.  This was easily the worst of the 4 shows he's hosted, but it's tough when the other 3 were the class of the seasons they appeared in.  

• 2 weeks later...

11005022_758981660865249_1620378482_n.jp

Look who's hosting the March 28th episode. George Ezra is the musical guest.

QUICK!  CARTWHEEL UP TO ME!

That Indiana Jones sketch was the bravest thing thing they ever put on the air up to the ISIS sketch.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What were folks thoughts on the season premiere?  It seems to be polarizing from what I've read online with most people focusing on the Hillary stuff & the Pope stuff.

I thought it was funnier than most of the episodes last season though the back half of the show was kind of flat.  In recent years I give props to them for creativity even if something isn't all that humorous.  I'm thinking that's the thought of producers too as they seem to like Kyle Mooney.  I've never found much of his stuff funny at all but he's creative & "outside the box" that's for sure.  I'm sure I'm not their target audience anyway.

I didn't really like this week's show.  I liked the monologue and The Weeknd, but nothing much else stood out.  Alot of it fell flat.  I especially didn't like Kate McKinnon's vaguely European character during Update.  It sounded too much like her other foreign characters, and this character was from NY, but she didn't have a NY accent.

• 3 weeks later...

Watching the Trump show out of morbid curiosity. First time I've watched other than the anniversary show in a long time.

Weekend Update was just fantastic, rest of the show is present. Though Trump doing Hotline Bling was awesome.

"Listen man bitches. Don't send me any pictures of that shaved junk either."

"That was about gender roles."