DVDVR Message Board

The Saturday Night Live thread

ChesterCopperpot

Dave will get two minutes into his monologue when he notices people in the audience filming him with their cell phones and he'll have his usual temper tantrum and stop telling jokes and just stand there on stage texting his buddies until finally they go to commercial, and Dave will just walk out of the studio after that.

• Like 1

The poignancy of the cold open would've meant more if they hadn't also been part of the media enabling Trump.

The Jheri Curls bit was incredible because they so successfully imitated some of their one-note, directionless sketches that I didn't see the turn coming. 

• Like 1

Okay, so I cried during the Phife Dog tribute when Tribe performed We The People..

Chappelle was totally on point.  The Walking Dead sketch was the best sketch I've seen in a while.

The Chris Rock dig on Hillary Clinton was fucking awesome.  The Election Night skit was one of the realest thing that has ever been on that show.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I don't watch SNL, except for the segments Larry David is on.

However from the bits I've seen, Leslie Jones is someone I particularly don't understand.

She's not funny at all. She's just a big, ugly, fat, black lady who screams and is loud for the sake of getting cheap laughs.

No, this isn't a racial thing nor does it have to do with her being a woman or anything, so please, do not bring that up as a talking about.

I brought this up elsewhere, but everyone else aside from one person felt this exact way about her as I do.

I was surprised at how flat the show was. Cena's no Rock, but I had good expectations going in. The Karate bit was alright. That's about it for me.  

What was the deal with two almost identical game show sketches? Cena gets to play a meathead football player. Awesome. Did the Raw writers script this episode?

22 hours ago, Edwin said:

However from the bits I've seen, Leslie Jones is someone I particularly don't understand.

She's not funny at all. She's just a big, ugly, fat, black lady who screams and is loud for the sake of getting cheap laughs.

No, this isn't a racial thing nor does it have to do with her being a woman or anything, so please, do not bring that up as a talking about.

I brought this up elsewhere, but everyone else aside from one person felt this exact way about her as I do.

Better not post it on Twitter.

Leslie Jones is hilarious. She only has one bit, but it always works. 

They really need to stop with the Trump stuff. It is killing the show because they have drained every ounce of comedy out of him. Like George W Bush, he burnt out his comedic potential fast. Hillary is a consistent drip drop of comedy. I think the non Trump stuff is great/ 

They also had no problem letting him host last year and giving him an hour of advertising. But they seem to hope we forget that. 

I thought Cena was great in everything he did. Especially in the game show sketch. 

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 0:41 PM, Edwin said:

If it is not a racial thing, why do you make It a point to say she's big, fat, ugly, and black? 

You could've stopped at, "She's not funny at all," and left it alone.

• Like 9

Having seen her live doing stand-up a couple of years before SNL, I can guarantee you, Leslie Jones is very, very funny. 

She is also overshadowed by Kate McKinnon who is going to be a huge star for a long time. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

If it is not a racial thing, why do you make It a point to say she's big, fat, ugly, and black? 

You could've stopped at, "She's not funny at all," and left it alone.

So just because I stated her skin color while describing her, it's a racial thing?

Oh, Smurfs, they're blue and small. Must be a racial thing...

8 minutes ago, Edwin said:

So just because I stated her skin color while describing her, it's a racial thing?

Oh, Smurfs, they're blue and small. Must be a racial thing...

Two things tho:

1. Smurfs aren't real.

2. If you're talking about Smurfs, you probably don't have to tell people they're blue unless whoever you're talking to has been living under a rock for the last 45 years.

• Like 1

Leslie Jones is hilarious, she is way way too good for SNL. She needs her own sitcom on early 90s FOX. 

If you can't laugh at the Black Annie sketch, you are beyond hope. 

Also most of Edwin's post was unnecessarily mean. Also is she really fat? I think she is the right weight for her height. 

I really love everyone on the show and I usually hate every thing.

Just please stop the Trump sketches. Its not been funny in over a month, let it go.  Plus they wimped out on making Steve Bannon a real Nazi.

• Like 3