DVDVR Message Board

Games of Thrones Unsullied thread

elizium

Basically, the entire ethos of Song of Fire and Ice is simple: Actions have Consequences.

Of course there are consequences to actions. It's a story. If there weren't consequences to the action of a film it would a comic book movie.

• Like 1

Man, you missed the capital letters there. What is it about this note that makes you into a Michael Bay fan?

It's the same as Fowler saying "Heroes Die in Westeros"  Everyone dies. Everyone's actions result in reactions. A few seasons ago it was "If you're not playing the game the game is done with you" as a way of dealing with Ned dying. But as we moved on, it turns out the "Game of Thrones" is just a human construct that was devised to give meaning to the world.

The inhabitants of this world have created an answer to absurdism, and it's a Randian game of "Fuck or be Fucked." 

Who's the Michael Bay fan now? I got thoughts mutha fahkah. 

I think it'll be a better move for me to double back and try to bs something deep on "Every drama ever." like that was my master plan all along. But we're in the midst of a new episode, so I'm just going to hang back for a bit and wait for you to just miss something on your own again.

fuuuu why couldn't that episode last three whole hours?

- Marked out like crazy when John killed the bald guy (can't remember the name) with the hammer shot.

- Loved the Avenger's-like tracking shot during the fight.

- Kinda got choked up when Sami Zayn was found dead near the end.

• Like 2

Cool fighting and all but I was really let down by this ep and I know I will be by next weeks as well. There's no way they are going to get to cover every storyline next week without some nasty rushing and we aren't going to know what's going on with a bunch of people. I'm predicting two really awful cliff hangers next week. I can see Stannis finally making his attack or Tyrion just about to executed when the screen goes black.

I do think we have seen the end of Stannis, Reek, Bolton's and Sansa for this season at least.

Episode was AWESOME. Next week's is going to be insane. Killing Oberyn was in part to make us think we've hit rock bottom before the tides start to turn. Not that they'll stay turned - but we've got another ep of fist pumps comin up.

I could have watched two hours of giants fucking shit up. My only issue with the redhead taking an arrow is that it wasn't Jon Snow who delivered the death blow. I did love the kid's reaction though..

Well, she shot his dad, and Jon already went over on Tormund and on Magnar, so this way kid gets his heat back and a blowoff, too.

• Like 1

I could have watched two hours of giants fucking shit up. My only issue with the redhead taking an arrow is that it wasn't Jon Snow who delivered the death blow. I did love the kid's reaction though..

thumbs-up-computer-kid-gif.gif

I was hoping the wolf would get her personally, but damn did the kid's reaction make it work for me.

I guess I did not feel the love for last night's episode that many others here did. With how everything is playing out in King's Landing and Essos, a whole episode on the wall just felt weirdly placed to me. It feels like we go a couple of hours on this series without visiting Castle Black, and then it's like "oh yeah, we should probably return there." I understand Martin's books are even worse about this (I've only read the first quarter of GOT). 

Obviously, there were some cool moments here, and the battle itself felt like the Helm's Deep scene from Two Towers without some of the comedy.

God damn, that Giant's arrow was both awesome and hilarious. The giant fucking scythe swingin' was close behind that.

One thing that struck me already when the Mountain first showed up this season was that he never looked truly intimidating. He was big, sure, but he just lacked something that made you shit your pants like you really should when seeing a guy with his story. It's like Giant Gonzalez: he was a very, very big man, but not intimidating in the least. As much as I loved the Oberyn/Mountain fight in the previous episode, the Mountain just looked like a stereotypical 'big bully' type of guy instead of the monster he is. That impression was magnified this episode with any scene with Styr (the bald Wildling leader). He scares the shit out of people by just being there. He looks, he moves, he acts and he fights like the scariest, most intimidating motherfucker around. The Mountain didn't have that at all, which surprises and disappoints me. Also, Styr had some really cool axe-swinging moves. Very savage.

I can't wait for the last episode. Surely it'll be impossible to cram everything from the books into that one scene, unless it's a three-hour special? Hopefully in that case they'll just save up some stuff for the next season so everything gets the time it deserves.

Now, excuse me while I go watch 13 Assassins. I could do with another one-hour battle scene.

THIS WEEK'S CUNT-OFF:

Note to writers of this show:  Two clever twats and two ginger minges DO NOT EQUAL TO ONE SOLID CUNT!

The Hound wins by default.

Pretty sure Ser Alliser dropped a cunt bomb on top of the wall

Nice catch.  That accents made it tough to hear.  "You COOOnts.  Does FOOUKIN' Ohwld main fooukin' Drope?"

"Psst, hey..what is he asking?  I don't know any of those words."

"I don't know, just yell no...I think he wants a no."

Unfortunately, there's no replay review in Cunting-off.  So, THE HOUND STILL WINS!!!!

WEWILLNOTBETAKINGQUESTIONS!THISPRESSCONFERENCEISOVER!!

EPISODE 9: FUN BITS HANGIN' 'ROUND MY NECK

All Tubby all the time. I'll give it to him this episode, he actually walked around like he had a pair. Telling guys to open the fucking gate. GET USED TO IT> THIS IS WHO I AM NOW. Him still keeping his shit together while his woman is telling him how useless he was was pretty manly. When Jon Snow said "I need HIM more than I need you." I thought he was going to cry, but no, he took it like a man, knew his role and shut his mouth.

I didn't really care too much about this episode. Nearly everyone involved are either people I don't care about, or I haven't spent enough time with them to give a shit when they all died. Also it was so dark and everyone was wearing variations of the same thing that sometimes I didn't know who was getting killed in certain scenes of carnage. Except for the big bald fucker and the big bearded fucker. The rest were bodies.

As soon as Jon got his face smashed on the anvil, I went "here we go BRAINSMASH." But apparently Anvils are made of kitten fur in Westeros, because he looked pretty good when it was time to hold Ginger. He really needed a win here BAD. He got tooled by FOOKIN LEGEND OF GIN ALLEY, and needed some outside interference to win. And that was after building himself up like a stud with all those training vignettes. But I guess they're intent on pushing him, over Obe who was future endeavor'd. I guess Jon Snow is Triple H's workout buddy or something.

WAS THIS THE ORIGIN STORY OF THE GREEN ARROW?

Orphan Ollie shooting arrows like a boss. THUMBS UP BRO. My wife had to remind me he was that kid whose village got massacred. Throw that consequence on the fire Matt, keep yourself warm.

Of course Ginger dies. Or course no one kills Jon Snow while he's a weepy bitch. I wonder if she can go back to Downton Abbey.

Anyway, I wasn't interested in this one. I'm interested in Tyrion living or Dying. Hell I'm even more eager to see Sansa and if she's got a gameplan to kill some mother fuckers. SANSA IS MORE INTERESTING NOW.

This episode was like watching Superstars mainevented by Alex Riley. Yeah, the match was okay for Alex Riley, but...you know....Alex Riley, man.

• Like 2