DVDVR Message Board

Games of Thrones Unsullied thread

elizium

I really hate that it seems like the Bolton/Greyjoy story has gotten seemingly three times the screen time as the Snow/Willdlings story despite that being the much more interesting story. Right now I think my interest in stories goes Kings Landing/The Wall/ and then the Unsullied. Before I was a lot more into the Unsullied storyline but since they took up residence in the castle not shit has happened that has interested me. I felt like this last episode had important stuff happen but I was still bored with it. Maybe I just felt like this trial thing has dragged and has largely been pretty dull other than the one awesome scene by Tyrion where he requested the trial by combat. Hopefully the epic 9 streak continues tomorrow. 

On a side note I feel like I have to watch this show with a fucking map because there are so many people that I need to look up like the Boltons, like where the Unsullied are and have been because outside of places they talk about constantly. Kings Landing, The Wall, The North, the Iron Islands, and wherever Stannis is Dragonborne I wanna say I got no idea where these places are. I also find it strange that seemingly outside of Kings Landing there are zero fucks given to who the king is and his influence outside of Kings Landing seems minimal at best. Maybe I'm too dense to see it but I see all these guys wanting to be King and I get you're King and all but outside of Kings Landing who cares? Hell it seems like everybody outside of Kings Landing thinks of themself as king anyway and that wouldn't change no matter who was king I would imagine everyone else would still feel as though they are still the one true king. 

Let me help you Stennick.

The North is in the North.  The Wall is on the northern edge of the North.  The Wildlings are coming from north of the Wall.  The Iron Islands are west of the North.  Dragonstone is an island that is southeast of the North off the east coast.  King's Landing is south of Dragonstone and well south of the North.  Everyone is Westeros who is not a Wildling is south of the North.

Dany is far across the sea on another continent.  If it's not Egypt or South Africa, you can lump it all together as one faraway exotic location where you don't need to be able to place them on a map.  (I can tell the difference between African countries, but for practical purposes, Americans don't really need to know them.)

She's so close that Martin is going to die before she gets there.

TBH he could go at any moment.

it'd be the ultimate GRRM move if he offed himself before finishing.

"And I asked George 'Why are you crushing beetles?' and he just went on Kuh Kuh Kuh...and I reached out and pushed his shoulder and yelled 'ANSWER ME...WHY???  WHAT DOES IT LEAD TO???' and he stopped and slowly looked up at me and a smile crossed his lips and just as he opened his mouth to speak he looked down at the ground...and smashed his head into it.  Three times Kuh Kuh KUH...  And he was gone.  Just a mess of hair and gore.  And that stupid hat.

And I said 'Fuck this' and started re-reading THE STAND."

• Like 5

Plus, someone on the previous board was saying that these two continents are only the beginning. Apparently, there are other unexplored pieces of land south of Westeros and Essos.

They are called "The Known World" so, I would assume there is an "Unknown World" as well.

Alright weirdos, call it:

Jon Snow death:  3/1

Jon Snow kills Ygritte: 2/1

Sam dies a noble death: 12/1

Sam dies a cowards death: 6/1

Sam never fucking dies: 4/5

Tyrion executed: 5/3

Tyrion rescued by Jaime: 5/3

They put if off to next week: 1/1

Jaime finally does something badass: 15/1

The Hound is KILLEDBYAFUCKINGINFECTIONFUCJTHISSHOE: guaranteed

Arya kills The Hound (FUCKTHISSHOWSOMUCH): Done Deal

Ser Pounce makes an appearance: 7/1

Maleficence level of Sansa: 7.2

Aiden Gillen's accent for the week: Old-Prussian

Over/under on appearances of a Melisandreh boob: 2.5

This show has fucked up my worldview. Everything I see in which someone must persevereve over evil, I automatically think of Obe getting his brains smashed in. Daniel Bryan coming back to face Brock or anyone - BRAINSMASH. Lebron James goes out with a leg cramp and I automatically think "Stick on it Spurs, or he'll get up, sweep your shit and brainsmash you."

I automatically believe everything I want to succeed will ultimately get its skull caved in now.

Which is how I know Tubby survives. Of course he's the one who gets to live forever. He and Theon will go off and have lots of babies together. THE END.

• Like 1

Which is how I know Tubby survives. Of course he's the one who gets to live forever. He and Theon will go off and have lots of babies together. THE END.

Why do I feel like you've stumbled on the one slashfic yet to be written?

• Like 2

Basically, the entire ethos of Song of Fire and Ice is simple: Actions have Consequences.

Killing the dude's sister had a consequence. Fucking around and taunting the Mountain when he was down felt real good. It also had a consequence. Ned being a moral man had a consequence. Jorah marrying a wife he couldn't afford had a consequence. Jorah deciding that doing shitty things to afford her had a consequence. Jorah trying to redeem himself in Westeros by spying on the royal kids had a consequence. Ned being a good man instead of a smart man had a consequence. Dany playing Stratego with people's lives has a consequence. Robb being a complete fucking moron had a consequence.

No one gets away with anything forever in this world. No one.

This show has fucked up my worldview. Everything I see in which someone must persevereve over evil, I automatically think of Obe getting his brains smashed in. Daniel Bryan coming back to face Brock or anyone - BRAINSMASH. Lebron James goes out with a leg cramp and I automatically think "Stick on it Spurs, or he'll get up, sweep your shit and brainsmash you."

I automatically believe everything I want to succeed will ultimately get its skull caved in now.

Well, I think Oberyn was screwed from the beginning since Bron already saved Tyrion once. Logic says that doesn't happen two times in a row. This ain't a Tully jobber.

I still think it's more random than that. That there are no rules, no order based on justice or morality, or karma or progress.   That we, in or world, have done our best to artificially create such moral order in our society and that maintaining that, however, difficult, is the only thing making any part of our world more tolerable than Westeros.

Westeros is what the world looks like in its natural state, without that artificial order imposed.

It's kind of the existentialist argument, made through an illustration of what happens if you don't at least try.