DVDVR Message Board

[NXT SPOILERS] For AUGUST 10, 2016

RIPPA

Per PWI

Week 3

- Contract signing: Bayley talks about being the underdog before, until winning the title.  She says she wasn't ready for Asuka the first time, but she's ready now. She says the Asuka mystique is gone. Asuka says a few words before wanting to shake hands. Bayley refuses and tells Asuka to sign the contract. Bayley leaves first, brushing past Asuka. Bayley then comes back into the ring and the two have a tense face off.

- The Authors of Pain def. Two local talents

Post match: TM 61 comes out to confront the Authors, but get laid out. American Alpha makes the save.

- Andrade Cien Almas def. Angelo Dawkins. 

Post match: Bobby Roode comes out and says Takeover needs more star power. He says William Regal has made Bobby Roode vs. Andrade Almas official for Takeover 

- Billie Kay def  Liv Morgan 

- Johnny Gargano and Thomasso Ciampa def. Patrick Clark and Tucker Knight 

Per WON

- We got a contract signing for Bayley vs Asuka to set up the TakeOver match in Brooklyn.

- The Authors Of Pain beat Rob Rizen and Rich Nailz

This was a quick squash before TM61 ran down, but were handled by the AOP. This prompted American Alpha to make the save to a huge reaction.

- Andrade cien Almas beat Angelo Dawkins after hitting the running knees with a new DDT finish.

Post match, Bobby Roode was out to inform Andrade that they have a match in Brooklyn and it will be "glorious".

- Billie Kay beat Liv Morgan after hitting the big boot for the pin and win.

- Tommaso Ciampa and Johnny Gargano beat Tucker Knight and Patrick Clark after hitting double superkicks for the win.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Go get it, Mean Bayley.
  • I hope the Authors of Pain continue to beat up TM-61 on a weekly basis because the AoP do awesome double-powerbombs and powerbombs rule and so does Paul Ellering standing at ringside in a bright red suit nodding smugly.
  • Commentary should push that Ellering came out of retirement because he found two dudes that are on the same level as Hawk and Animal for the first time in twenty-five years. 
  • Almas does nothing for me. Roode is a less-boring 2003 HHH. Plus he has the second-best entrance theme in the company. Go Roode!
  • Liv Morgan needs some work, and by "some work," I mean a lot of work. Billie Kay gave too much and needs to be killing dudes so she can get herself over. She has enough good offense to do it, and actually, I'd like to see her cut out some of the cuter stuff and just throw a lot of stiff forearms and boots. 
  • They didn't take the time to dub out the announcers being a week behind the CWC because they got it on camera, I guess. 
  • Ember Moon is...a Mortal Kombat gimmick? She looks like she's cosplaying a weird version of Jade. 
  • Patrick Clark's tights are spectacular. 
  • I think Knight and Clark are both pretty interesting prospects. The flaw of having signature spots that you do in every match no matter what was evident when Tucker Knight had to force his body to roll through so Gargano could kick him in the head. That looked exceptionally contrived. Should have left that spot out. I also didn't buy Gargano spearing Tucker Knight and not being the one to get hurt. 
  • LOL I forgot Mojo Rawley got beat up by Kevin Owens for no reason, too. Mojo looks and acts like the type of dude who tortured the poor fat kid in seventh grade by whipping wet towels at him in the showers and shit like that, so it's probably karmic. 
  • Even Samoa Joe cannot avoid THA POOOOOOOUUUNNNNCE-UH. But then he beat up Mojo after that so it's like I got the best of both worlds.
  • Nakamura one-upping Bayley in the "ask for an asswhooping" sweepstakes tonight was enjoyable.

Joe stiffed the fuck out of Mojo the whole 10 minutes. Which I'm OK with. 

I will say this. Mojo pitter patters too much and he took all the oxygen out of Full Sail, but he took his asskicking like a man. 

Another really enjoyable episode. Bayley is going to get her ass kicked, and I'm kind of torn on who I want to win. I'd love to see a trilogy, but they need Bayley on the main roster. AOP's squash was great that double powerbomb spot was aces. Nak's trolling was something else. Brooklyn is looking like a great show with a fun undercard and three terrific title matches.

• Like 1

I like Bayley bringing the attitude and not buying into Asuka's bs. AoP using double powerbombs to slam poor jobbers into each other before completing the move was awesome. I so need more of that. I thought Liv Morgan looked better than she has in the past. Mojo bringing the fire to Joe for a short bit before being destroyed the rest of the match was nice. Nakamura was such an amazing asshole when they were holding Joe back. I so hope they play up Joe's anger working against him in the actual match.

• Like 1

The intro to the Aries/Regal segment with Aries blabbering about his non-GMO diet to a bored-looking Regal was more great subtle heeling by AA. I hope he gets a big push after the post-Brooklyn clean-out.

I'm not sure it's a good idea to pair Roode with Almas, unless the plan is to turn Roode face. No one cares about Almas as a face, and Roode's theme and catchphrase were already super over within a couple hours. It's gonna take more than cheap heat promos to keep the crowds from falling in love with him.

If you've ever wondered what *IT* is, it's whatever Nakamura has that allowed him to literally honk a badass heel's nose during a "pull apart" to hype a main event feud and get a 100% babyface reaction. Could you imagine the shitstorm that would ensue if Roman Reigns did that? That's on par with The Rock being able to get people to chant "popcorn fart."

• Like 4

5 hours ago, hammerva said:

Never thought I would see someone do the "I've got your nose" trick in a pull apart brawl setting up a match.  Only Nakamura could do it

One good thing about NXT is that there's never any shortage of security guards. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, hammerva said:

Never thought I would see someone do the "I've got your nose" trick in a pull apart brawl setting up a match.  Only Nakamura could do it

Next week: Nak turns invisible by playing "peekaboo."

• Like 2

8 hours ago, sydneybrown said:

I absolutely loved Corey Graves just calling for a random Johnny Gargano heel turn.  "Here we go! Johnny's gonna kick Ciampa in the mouth right now!" 

I don't even think that was his original intent; he flubbed but covered it up with suaveness. Sold it like a champ.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Heel Bayley is wrong

Is she a heel? I remember just a week ago Asuka bullying jobber to make an example of in front of Bayley. Asuka talking about respect and offering handshakes feels a bit like bs when you consider how she has acted in the past. She is very much mind games type of person. She has been doing that type of stuff since she entered NXT, and really even before that back in Japan when she was JWP champion.

17 hours ago, Eivion said:

I thought Liv Morgan looked better than she has in the past. 

I agree. Probably the best that she's looked yet. But I do agree that I want to see a more aggressive and heelish Billie. I know she has it in her.

Bayley/Asuka II is gonna be glorious.