DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Awkward - 25 April 2016

Dolfan in NYC

9 hours ago, JCM said:

So they start to build Emma up with a win over Paige to heat her up for the Becky feud only to have her job in 3 minutes to Nattie. fucking WWE

Yea that was weird. I expected either:

A. Charlotte to distract Nattie leading to an Emma win

or

B. A no contest

ETA: Really cool and classy Chyna tribute 

GB4Life = Good Brothers 4 Life.  It is a shout out to the remaining members of the Bullet Club or at least that is what Gallow's wife tweeted,

https://twitter.com/amberoneal1/status/724776626018373633

Dear Sheamus:

I know you like to wear red because your hair is red, but you are the Celtic Colossus.

Wear more green.

That way my eyes will not hurt so much when all of the lights in the stadium are reflected from your paieness directly onto my optic nerve.

Love,

JT

11 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

As long as Gallows & Anderson don't end up as Roman's lackies. 

I can't see either of those guys being anything other than somebody else's lackeys.  So, it's either Finn, AJ or Roman.  This might be as good as it ever gets for them once Cena, Rollins and whoever else come back.

17 minutes ago, Fallacy! said:

So can we talk about the fact that the Bullet Club/Uso match was pretty shitty. 

Bad way to debut them. They should have squashed a team like the Social Outcasts in a few minutes.

I tweeted "This match has been about 4 minutes too long" and then promptly fell asleep so I don't even know how much longer they went after that.

I get wanting to do the Usos thing before the Payback to tease what will happen in the main event but then run it on Smackdown - it isn't like they don't have plenty of time to fill

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Trocar Slush Weasel said:

I can't see either of those guys being anything other than somebody else's lackeys.  So, it's either Finn, AJ or Roman.  This might be as good as it ever gets for them once Cena, Rollins and whoever else come back.

Anyone but Roman

8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I also eagerly await Zayn getting suspended for flipping off Lana

Okay, so Zayn's purple and checkerboard ring attire is a shout out to Owen Hart, right?

Poor Chyna had the misfortune to pass away the same week that Prince did.  I'm glad she finally got the on air tribute she deserved.

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am going with Prince

But they look like a hemmed up version of Owen's ugly New Foundation parachute pants.

Zayn wore the black version of the rig last night.  He looked like the finish line at RIR come to life.

• Like 1

How could I have forgotten to point out Miz's masterful takedown of Twitter trolls and neckbeards? Fantastic stuff. 

And I guess I'm just now noticing how much Gallows resembles Kevin Nash, especially with that ring gear. 

I still can't believe they booked Corbin - their newest monster heel - to literally run away from the fired-up babyface. 

That's he's running away from Shawn Michaels....I mean, Matt Bentley.... I mean, Dolph Ziggler... made it even worse.  He's consistently beaten up Dolph the past few weeks.  Why he'd run away is beyond me.

Chickenshit heels don't work well when they're that size.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

THIS IS A PROFESSIONAL COMPANY!!!!

Yeah it is a good thing Sami flipped off someone with a lot of backstage (supposedly) issues in Lana.  If that was someone important he would be jobbing to Stardust soon.  

Becky ending with "AH DO WHAT AH WONT!" made me laugh. 

Petulant Jericho on the mic is far better than Jericho in the ring. Couldn't they have done something better with the table though? Ambrose gently lays the logo thingy on Jericho and then they do a submission... on the table. Ooooookay...

Anyway that's what I gleaned from watching those two videos

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

So they are bringing Titus back as a heel

Because that is the only explanation I can take away from these abortions of anti-smoking commercials

I dunno, trolling Dolph Ziggler and ruining his attempts at "comedy" make him the #1 babyface in my household. 

I thought this Raw was good, although I had an interesting thought at the end: If the roles had been reversed in the final segment, and Roman had taken the forearm only top pop up 30 seconds later after a distraction and lay Styles out with a Superman Punch, people would be screaming bloody murder. As it stood, it seemed pretty accepted as a solid end to build the pay per view match. Perception is a funny thing.

• Like 1

Roman does a bit with Make A Wish, which includes having a sick kid and his buddies at ringside. He was in a match against the dastardly ADR. Gallows and Anderson come down. They've attacked him before and also laid out his family members. He gets on guard. AJ Styles, his upcoming opponent for his belt and a new entity in the WWE no one really knows too much about (kayfabe) who also is friends with these guys, gets involved. Roman very justifiably attacks.

And he's the guy who is booed.

Wrestling fans suck. So much. Like... why would you want to be a WWE writer. You're writing for an audience that is going to shit on whatever you do no matter what.

Raw was good. It was entertaining. If the most objectionable part was Nattie going over Emma, then it's a good show. And even that set up a hierarchy of the woman's division, just like they did the week before with Jericho/Dean both beating KO/Sami last week. Becky's a tier below Charlotte (since she lost a bunch to her). Nattie's now a tier above Emma. Having a hierarchy and structure and ladder of importance is a good thing.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

THIS IS A PROFESSIONAL COMPANY!!!!

35 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Yeah it is a good thing Sami flipped off someone with a lot of backstage (supposedly) issues in Lana.  If that was someone important he would be jobbing to Stardust soon.  

He wasn't flipping her off. He had three fingers up. I'm not sure if he was going for "3" or "W", but in any event we couldn't tell because Kevin Dunn sucks at his job.

• Like 1

I'm not ashamed to say that I kind of want Chris Jericho to get a short run with the world title. He has somehow reinvented himself once again as one of the most entertaining characters in wrestling. I love this angry old man/smark troll character he's doing.

• Like 4

Let's go back 4 months, right before the Rumble. Who would've thought we'd be getting a post-Mania WWE PPV featuring AJ Styles vs. Roman Reigns for the WWE Title, with Gallows and Anderson as big time players in the build up?

Not to mention Enzo/Cass vs. The Vaudvillians and Sami Zayn vs. Kevin Owens on a main roster PPV. Seems like an alternate universe version of a PPV.

• Like 1