DVDVR Message Board

Sept Wrestling Jibber Jabber Thread

RIPPA

We thought we were getting sleaze. But what we got was... unremarkable.

I said, "sorry."
If you should be sorry for anything it's that you didn't get the joke I laid out. Shame on you sir.
  • Like 1

So I went to Chikara's King of Trios in 2012 and PWG's Battle of Los Angeles this year, and had a great time at both.  I was wondering what else is out there right now in the way of U.S. super indy tournaments that get run every year?

Absolute Intense Wrestling has the J.T. Lightning Invitational.

IWA-MS is apparently back up and running the Ted Petty Invitational again.

Anything else?

Pro Wrestling Respect had a one day tourney at the end of June. AIW is doing another tournament, a tag team one on November 1st.

Glad you had fun at BOLA! Are you coming to Raw on Monday?I

Will PM you about that right now.

Man, BOLA was great. The team of Joey Ryan, Chuck Taylor and Trent? as best friends should be a permanent thing.

Gargano was the MVP of the tournament for me, which I was totally not expecting.  I guess he could've been doing some great stuff in DGUSA that I haven't seen, but I've never seen him put on matches like he did on night 2.

Yeah, Gargano was a surprise. I was never all that impressed by him, but he did some great stuff on night two. Same with O'Reilly. Some of his armbar and triangle choke counters were slick as hell. I went in being meh on them both and now wondering if they don't have more impressive stuff that I just haven't seen. A lot of people said their favorite BOLA match was Steen/Gargano, but ACH v KO was my match of the weekend.

So I went to Chikara's King of Trios in 2012 and PWG's Battle of Los Angeles this year, and had a great time at both.  I was wondering what else is out there right now in the way of U.S. super indy tournaments that get run every year?

Absolute Intense Wrestling has the J.T. Lightning Invitational.

IWA-MS is apparently back up and running the Ted Petty Invitational again.

Anything else?

Pro Wrestling Respect had a one day tourney at the end of June. AIW is doing another tournament, a tag team one on November 1st.

"Pro Wrestling Respect?"

Is Tony Kozina their minis champion?

• Like 2

If I was a wrestler, I think I'd incorporate an Irish whip on an opponent, and while he's running to the opposite ropes, I'd slide under the ropes behind me to the floor, let the opponent rebound and hit the ropes near me, then trip them off that second rebound.  Since no one really stops themselves from running ropes much ...

Well then there's no excuse. This must be rectified. The bosses are working on trying to resurrect the dead, so I'll offer my services to get the filters working. 

I'll probably add a few more like

burying Daniel Bryan = WAAAAAAAHBURGER AND A SIDE OF CRIES

• Like 3

Well then there's no excuse. This must be rectified. The bosses are working on trying to resurrect the dead, so I'll offer my services to get the filters working. I'll probably add a few more likeburying Daniel Bryan = WAAAAAAAHBURGER AND A SIDE OF CRIES

That's too specific. Might as well just use "bury". Things like like "Boreton", "slow burn" and "booking" probably need one too.

Why is having a good match the main decider in choosing who's the best Samoan wrestler? Those other Samoans never sold out arenas across the world, cut some of the best promos in history, guest hosted SNL, or had multiple #1 box office hits. Rock did more for the Samoan community when it came to world wide exposure than any other Samoan wrestler from the past. To me that qualifies him as the #1 all-time Samoan wrestler in history. 

I t weid referring to him as samoan because if you ask the average black person like my self they'd refer to him as black.

And just to clarify, I don't mean Native-American.

Who is the best Native-American wrestling?

According to Wiki Kevin Nash is a Native-American. Should he be considered the best just based on all his accomplishments?