DVDVR Message Board

[MM16] R2C: KENNY OMEGA vs. DEAN AMBROSE

MM16: 2nd R2C - KENNY OMEGA vs. DEAN AMBROSE  

96 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE ONE

Another version of the Rusev handheld

(Basically I learned the Germans are the only people to reliably film every house show match)

I voted Omega. I think his matches are more athletic and his character work slightly less cartoony. Both guys annoy a lot of people for various reasons, but I like both. I just know that Ambrose is a much more cerebral worker but he's relaxed into this silly, but over, style that doesn't quite do it for me.

• Like 2

Paging Piranesi, paging Piranesi...

I like Dean (my wife loves him for...reasons) and am cool with him being on TV.  But I like the idea of him more than what we actually get.  He's a good promo when it's less than a few minutes, past that he's just not getting my attention.  I did like his promo Monday though and could go for more anger minus the filler.  But him as the new-age Steve Austin just doesn't work for me.  I don't mind his matches too much, but they're background noise anymore.  If he dropped the goofy bullshit I'd be more likely to vote for him.

Kenny's putting in some good work since stepping it up.  I know he does a lot of goofy shit as well, but his matches overall are better.  So I'll go for him.  And it doesn't hurt he does video game matchups against Xavier Woods.

So, I consider myself to enjoy Ambrose more than most posters, possibly incorrectly based on the amount of bitching people do about Ambrose. I think he's got as good a sense of who his character is and how to play it for maximum effect as anyone in WWE (possibly barring Vince in his better moments).

But I don't see how you pick him over Omega. Ambrose's matches just haven't been that good.

Both guys shticks can annoy me, a lot. Dean annoys me less (though is probably not as good in the ring) or  at least less often. I think I could love them both if they both didn't bother me as much as they do, jsut tone it down guys.Please? Plus Dean's feud with Rollins was pretty much the high point of Rollins title run which, yes, is not saying much but it's something. Plus Dean's character work can be really good, see taped black and white interview towards Rollins and his stuff with HHH and Lesnar recently, but when it's bad it's pretty bad.

I'm going Dean... which feels weird, but I think his last couple months have actually been pretty good, as down on him as I am. I'll say this about Dean specifically: He's really good at being able to make a match feel like a big deal. He's one of the few guys in the company who makes a PPV match feel like a PPV match in this voting period. And I thought he was really great in the Triple Threat with Reigns and Brock.

I'm going Dean... which feels weird, but I think his last couple months have actually been pretty good, as down on him as I am. I'll say this about Dean specifically: He's really good at being able to make a match feel like a big deal. He's one of the few guys in the company who makes a PPV match feel like a PPV match in this voting period. And I thought he was really great in the Triple Threat with Reigns and Brock.

You know, that's a really interesting point.  

This isn't from the voting period, but it crossed my mind when reading your post.  Remember that Dean/Seth HIAC?  Dean did more to put over that match in his entrance than most do throughout an entire feud.  He really does have a quality about him that makes his matches seem important, even if the matches end up a let down sometimes.