DVDVR Message Board

FOOTY - Spring 2016

Dolfan in NYC

Sunderland vs. Everton tonight. Sunderland win will relegate Norwich City and even sweeter for them, Newcastle United. Fancy them to do it with Everton's poor season. I think Roberto Martinez is going to get the sack.

Danny Wellbeck out for nine months following knee surgery. Arsenal and the amount of injuries.

Mike Assley makes the Glazers look like the greatest owners on the planet. I truely feel nothing but sympathy for Newcastle fans at this point.

Yeah, my heart goes out to you, Dewar. Hopefully Rafa sticks around and you yo-yo back up and get all that money for Ashley's bank account. I don't think the club can find stability, even with a great manager, until that oaf sells up. Some good players in the squad too. 

You have to figure that Townsend is gone for sure (has an 8 million pound buyout once they got relegated). Tim Krul surely goes to a bigger club now, Coloccini goes back to Argentina, and you will have to unload Papis Cisse, just to get him off the books.

The owner sucks, and I know he's going to drag the team down until he sells it. Just disappointing to see them get relegated again, there's no real reason a club with the fanbase they have should be out of the top division.

Nope, but the same can be said of Villa too. At least Newcastle should be back up soon. With Villa, it really depends on ownership and who buys the club. They are in shambles right now. I could see it being a long time before they're back up.

Mike Ashley said he wouldn't sell Newcastle until they won something or finished in the top 4. So if next year, they earn automatic promotion, that counts as winning something AND finishing in the top four, doesn't it?

In a few years, doing a Leeds might be called doing a Villa. Although why it's not called doing a Bolton (or a Blackpool) already I don't know.

12 hours ago, AxB said:

Mike Ashley said he wouldn't sell Newcastle until they won something or finished in the top 4. So if next year, they earn automatic promotion, that counts as winning something AND finishing in the top four, doesn't it?

In a few years, doing a Leeds might be called doing a Villa. Although why it's not called doing a Bolton (or a Blackpool) already I don't know.

I thought he said he isn't selling until they win a trophy. Do you get one for winning the Championship?

53 minutes ago, Pete said:

I thought he said he isn't selling until they win a trophy. Do you get one for winning the Championship?

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure you do. I remember there being on field ceremonies for teams who won it and I'm positive a trophy was involved.

14 minutes ago, sabremike said:

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure you do. I remember there being on field ceremonies for teams who won it and I'm positive a trophy was involved.

Believe there were shots of both Burnley and Boro hoisting trophies recently.

Also recall banter from the City supporters when they got promoted about us being trophyless. They are laughing about us throwing away CL but frankly if that causes us to get a manager who knows what he's doing it might not be so amusing in the long run.

Damn, BVB beat out Liverpool and a bunch of other clubs in signing Ousmane Dembele. 18 year old set a record by being the youngest player to score 10 goals in a top league IIRC. Looks a helluva player. He'll join Bayern for double today's price in 3 years. :mellow: