DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2016 ANIMATED GIFS

RIPPA

I'm not sure what kind of a finish that is, but it's a heck of a sequence.  Also, wrestling needs more criss-cross spots.

It actually started off with some midget bum biting - probably should have included it.

I'm not sure what kind of a finish that is, but it's a heck of a sequence.  Also, wrestling needs more criss-cross spots.

No, it really, really doesn't.

One of the most pointless and irritating spots ever, if you ask me.

(Not that anyone did.)

That Proto-Doomsday looks a lot safer than the regular one. I've also seen them do one where Animal will kind of have the guy up for a belly to back suplex and Hawk will hit the guy with a clothesline and Animal would complete the move into a bridging pin. Most notably they did it against the Steiners at Starrcade 90.

• Like 1

No, it really, really doesn't.

One of the most pointless and irritating spots ever, if you ask me.

(Not that anyone did.)

I could not disagree more. The criss-cross has a rich and storied history and we must respect it's traditions. In my view, thee first quarter of thee match is up for grabs, silly/comedy spot-wise.

- RAF

wrestling definitely needs the ten punch spot in the corner again

In FSM, Alex Shane used to have a monthly column in which he advised young Wrestlers on how to have good matches (which arguably he's not that qualified for, because when people draw up a list of the best British Wrestlers of the last 20 years, he's not really going to be on it). He would always say that the ten punches in the corner was a stupid move and nobody should use it, because it makes no sense that they would stand their and let you hit them. Yes, he said that.

He then said that he used it once in a big match, but that was OK because his opponent was facing the corner while he punched them in the back of the head, and that spot makes perfect sense because 'they couldn't see it coming'.

Some guys, they aren't quite as clever as they think they are.

In a business where I can throw you into the ropes and you can't help but rebound and run into a move, it's funny where each individual draws the "nah, that's too phony" line.

We're talking about Dean Ambrose again, aren't we?

• Like 1

If he came through the WWE now, Koko would have the Overdrive as a finisher, wouldn't he?

It could be worse. He could be dressing like a penguin and doing comedy skits.

The Black Tiger in the first gif is Eddy?

Koko's brainbuster was a thing of beauty.  There are so many brainbusters that look like a poorly executed suplex, but his looked vicious every single time.

Yeah, I do believe that is Eddy under the Black Tiger hood.

It's not a Brainbuster when Hashimoto does it. It's a Vertical DDT. I don't think anyone knows why, but for some reason it's considered to be a completely different move.