DVDVR Message Board

[MM16] R1: JUN AKIYAMA vs. CESARO

MM16: 1st RD - JUN AKIYAMA vs. CESARO  

108 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE ONE

I'm voting for Akiyama.   Cesaro being injured and then subsequently landing in the doghouse and being booked into oblivion seals it for me.

Meanwhile Jun Is still surly and awesome and chopping the breath right out of people's chests.

I'm glad to see Akiyama still tearing it up.  I'll admit this could be WWE bias, but Cesaro's been one of my absolute favorites to watch.  The matches with Cena were straight fire, and you could tell how much Cena liked him by how much Cesaro was allowed to do.  They were easily MOTYC and a straight up blast to watch.

I actually thought Akiyama's hyped singles matches from last year were a hair disappointing and he's my favorite Japanese wrestler ever.  Cesaro was on the way to being the best or second best guy on Earth when he got injured.  Great in pretty much any setting they tossed him into.

Cesaro got me to be interested in Sheamus matches. For that, I might vote him all the way through this tournament.

That could almost lead to a spite vote. I still blame Austin Aries for getting me to watch so much TNA once.

Cesaro's been out for three months.. that's it. I don't recall him missing any time before that.. he was active all year and had a ton of good-great matches with a variety of opponents and easily some of the year's best stuff.

• Like 1

Cesaro's been out for three months.. that's it. I don't recall him missing any time before that.. he was active all year and had a ton of good-great matches with a variety of opponents and easily some of the year's best stuff.

It isn't universal - but some people tend to penalize a worker more for being inactive leading into the end of the eligible time period.

It might not even be a conscious bias but it is there (especially when one compares comments to say Sami Zayn)

It isn't universal - but some people tend to penalize a worker more for being inactive leading into the end of the eligible time period.

It might not even be a conscious bias but it is there (especially when one compares comments to say Sami Zayn)

My bias in the Zayn bracket is that I really hate Dolph Ziggler.

Cesaro is a good wrestler, he is a nice guy, HE FUCKED DANIEL BRYAN OUT OF HIS RIGHTFUL CHAMPIONSHIP IN PERHAPS ONE OF THE GREATEST YEARS A PRO WRESTLER HAS EVER HAD HE CARRIED THE PROGRAM FOR THE FULL YEAR AND MAIN EVENTED WRESTLE FUCKING MANIA IN WHAT TURNED OUT TO BE HIS FINAL YEAR IN THIS FUCKING TOURNAMENT AND YOU VOTED FOR A HEEL WHO WAS ONLY OVER FOR ONE FUCKING FACE SPOT AND THAT SPOT ALSO REALLY REALLY SUCKS I WILL NEVER VOTE FOR THAT PIECE OF SHIT EVER AGAIN

Sorry, I blacked out there for a sec.

Cesaro is a good wrestler, he is a nice guy, HE FUCKED DANIEL BRYAN OUT OF HIS RIGHTFUL CHAMPIONSHIP IN PERHAPS ONE OF THE GREATEST YEARS A PRO WRESTLER HAS EVER HAD HE CARRIED THE PROGRAM FOR THE FULL YEAR AND MAIN EVENTED WRESTLE FUCKING MANIA IN WHAT TURNED OUT TO BE HIS FINAL YEAR IN THIS FUCKING TOURNAMENT AND YOU VOTED FOR A HEEL WHO WAS ONLY OVER FOR ONE FUCKING FACE SPOT AND THAT SPOT ALSO REALLY REALLY SUCKS I WILL NEVER VOTE FOR THAT PIECE OF SHIT EVER AGAIN

Sorry, I blacked out there for a sec.

Just the videocap here alone makes one want to forgive all previous slights.

Point of order Jrag

Bryan was in last year's tournament (which included the Mania stuff).

He just lost in the first round to Brock

• Like 1

Jrags "wha! Cesaro cost the 3 time champ his 4th title even though I don't ever argue anything for anything other then how we pushed" gets really old to me.

Also, if we were doing this current format that year, it would have been moot anyway, cause the Shield would have destroyed everyone handily, and would have been the clear winner.