WWE CRUISERWEIGHT CLASSIC (NO SPOILERS)

ChesterCopperpot

WWE.com is promoting the following matches for tonight

Akira Tozawa vs. Kenneth Johnson

TJ Perkins vs. Da Mack

Lince Dorado vs. Mustafa Ali

Tajiri vs. Damien Slater

7 minutes ago, Mr Harms said:

This week's episode does nothing but skip forward every couple of seconds. completely unwatchable. 

So you're saying that you agree with Vader about the lack of psychology in juniors matches?

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Well... I've tried 4x to watch week 2 of the Classic... but it keeps buffering out at the exact same spot in the Tajiri match after the corkscrew plancha.

The On Demand after the first showing was doing that for me too. Luckily I was still awake for the replay on the live feed later, but damn I got pissed off the first couple times I tried to watch the On Demand before I just gave up.

I just fired up the On Demand (on the PC) and it ran fine (I skipped around since I watched it last night) and it is running fine.

So either is a problem specific to the way your are trying to watch/your internet or they fixed the problem

My favorite non-wrestling part of this is the dissonance between everyone's profile videos and their introductions. 

"My name is Mustafa Ali and I'm from Chicago."

"THE NEXT CONTESTANT, REPRESENTING PAKISTAN..."

• Like 1

Yeah, it worked for me.

Last night was quite the coming out party for TJP. Really cool to see people on Twitter and Reddit who weren't previously exposed to him now be totally in love with the guy.

11 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Well... I've tried 4x to watch week 2 of the Classic... but it keeps buffering out at the exact same spot in the Tajiri match after the corkscrew plancha.

5 hours ago, Mr Harms said:

This week's episode does nothing but skip forward every couple of seconds. completely unwatchable. 

Are you two using the PS4? I had the same trouble on mine last night. It worked fine when I switched to the PS3.

I'd really like to see TJ get some sort of WWE deal.  Met him several times when I lived in California and he was still working the smaller CA indys regularly and he seemed like a good guy.  He's had it rough (the "lived in his car" story seems to be fairly well-known by now), so making it to the WWE would be great for him.

He's not the most sound, well-rounded wrestler you'll see, but his strengths would play to the WWE style.  Jack Gallagher's a better wrestler, but TJP would probably get over quicker.

I had the exact same problem with it freezing at the same spot (after the corkscrew plancha) in the Tajiri match. When I tried fast forwarding past that spot and starting again, it did the skipping forward thing. I am on a Roku. Luckily, I was trying to watch on demand about 20 minutes before it started on the live stream, so I just gave up with on demand and waited for the live stream to start.

12 hours ago, Pete said:

My favorite non-wrestling part of this is the dissonance between everyone's profile videos and their introductions. 

"My name is Mustafa Ali and I'm from Chicago."

"THE NEXT CONTESTANT, REPRESENTING PAKISTAN..."

Like Marco representing Italy in the CMLL grand pric.

Just for the record - they flipped the Kota Ibushi match (which aired Week 1) with the Brian Kendrick match that will air next week.

That appears to be the only change they made in the taping order

• Like 1

Regal:

" I would like to let people know about #WWECWC competitor Kenneth Johnson.I met Kenneth for the first time when he was an extra talent for WWE.I spoke to Kenneth and apart from finding out that he was a polite,hard working man,he had a serious speech impediment.We talked about promos and he told me it was a thing that was obviously very difficult for him.I met Kenneth after several months when he was at a WWE show again.He asked me if he could show me a promo and could I help him with some advice.Kenneth proceeded to cut a three minute promo without any problems.My friend Daniel Bryan said on this weeks CWC that Kenneth was told to fix his problem.That wasn't correct information as I obviously hasn't explained the story properly to DB.Kenneth practiced in his own time for no other reason than he wanted to better himself.Kenneth now barely has any of his former problems.He achieved greatness and know one can ever take that away from him and he has become a hero of mine.Now,if Kenneth can work so hard to be able to be a decent promo person,what's anyone else's excuse?"

• Like 10