DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

It's not a technical masterpiece by any stretch of the imagination but it's fun in a train wreck sort of way similar to Sabu vs Sandman from November to Remember '97. Only different is I don't think Shane dropped 4 drops of acid before the match.

• Like 1

It's not a technical masterpiece by any stretch of the imagination but it's fun in a train wreck sort of way similar to Sabu vs Sandman from November to Remember '97. Only different is I don't think Shane dropped 4 drops of acid before the match.

No, but I'm sure he did a couple pills of Oxy afterwards. I'm pretty sure I remember him being on Opie and Anthony a few weeks or months after that match and he said his wife asked him if he had a death wish or something.

I don't see who else it could be besides The Rock.

Austin and Goldberg are done and not coming back and bringing it up is one of the deader horses beaten on here.

Angle isn't going to get cleared.

Sting is most likely done and after the two matches he did have, I can't imagine who would think it would be a good idea to trot him out again.

Batista? 

Maybe Pete Rose is going to get revenge for being chokeslamed by Taker's brother all these years?

• Like 1

Shane was/is friends with Raven, so it's possible he dropped four tabs of acid before the match with Kurt Angle.

I always respected the hell out of Shane McMahon for his insane bumps, which he obviously didn't have to take.

I don't see who else it could be besides The Rock.

Austin and Goldberg are done and not coming back and bringing it up is one of the deader horses beaten on here.

Angle isn't going to get cleared.

Sting is most likely done and after the two matches he did have, I can't imagine who would think it would be a good idea to trot him out again.

Batista? 

Maybe Pete Rose is going to get revenge for being chokeslamed by Taker's brother all these years?

The one thing I would say about Goldberg is I remember some interviews a few years ago with him saying he would like for his kids to see him wrestle one time, but I also remember the rumors were his asking price was something between ridiculous and delusional. I am not even sure what that accomplishes in anything match or business wise, and Goldie surely won't want to job because late 90's WCW and everything.

I feel like a Liger/Nakamura option of some sorts makes sense on a few levels. One, WWE network starting in Japan and either of those matches would be draws, and they are both likely to have a good match with Taker, which seems important to him. 

I'd pay money to see Taker's "go fuck yourself" face after that move.

Taker sells it, falls to the ground and does the zombie sit-up laugh.

giphy.gif

and then he gets superkicked in the face.

By the Young Buck who does superkicks?  Or by the one who does superkicks?

The big problem with the way March Madness works is that people tend to vote before they read the arguments. That's why everyone has to yell at each other now. We're learning.

EDIT: If unclear, this is a good thing, not a bad thing.

There's posts in those threads? Huh.

I think people have their minds made up in about 95% of the matches as soon as they see the matchup. We prob dont even need threads.