DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

That seems like an overreaction.

Haha, from anyone else yes.  From Vince....it's an underreaction.  

When I watched it live, it looked like Vince was having fun back, laughing big. MP4 doesnt' quite catch that though, so that might have been me seeing it wrong. 

Yeah, watching that makes me think Vince wasn't happy, but live it looked like he was goofing around.  The more i think about it, the more i feel like it was a terribly unprofessional move by Titus.  Given the circumstance and what they were all out there for.  It was a retirement, and the spotlight was for DB.  He grabbed the boss, and tried to horseplay him.  Say what you want about Vince, but if he is giving a guy 30 minuted for a farewell he must have some kind of emotional attachment.  Titus should have acted like a grown up, like everyone else on the stage, and just let the moment be.  It was a dumb thing to do....especially to Vince.    

The first name I was gonna type was Alan Sugar, but as the majority of the board are yanks that would've resulted in a resounding 'WHO?!'

Alan Sugar wants you all to know he deserved to be the boss on the new version of the Apprentice USA.

He's not very self-aware.

On the one hand, Titus was kinda dumb. That looked less like a "playful embrace" and more like "forcefully grabbing your boss by the arm". It also kinda seemed like a case of the dude who thinks he's boys with the BMOC finding out they ain't that tight after all. On the other hand, I'm surprised they came down that hard on him, given all the positive press he got them for the Dad Of The Year award and the work for Breast Cancer Awareness.

90 days seems high. You kind of hope that's the wrong part/or it gets knocked down. It may have just fallen under "unprovoked physical conduct." They're pretty touchy about that stuff, I would imagine, especially to the elderly. Wasn't Vince basically told he could no longer do anything physical a few years ago, which he basically ignored this year?

We're also getting a piece of the story.   It would make sense if it were part of a larger context like a backstage argument or Titus being in no shape to be out there or something.  

Not saying that it isn't just the will of a 70+ year old steroid-fueled cokehead, but there are ways to see the suspension as not being the act of a lunatic.