DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Even if Vince was goofing too, from an administrative standpoint, you have to still punish Titus to let the roster know that you can't do this. If he goes without being suspended, then what's to stop someone else from doing something similar? "If Titus did it, so can I!" Vince just isn't going to let that happen, even if he wasn't heated about it at the time. He may not even be heated about it now, but it's just a business move.

WWE star Titus O'Neil was sent home from last night's Smackdown taping in Portland, Oregon shortly after he arrived. The word we are getting is that O'Neil has been suspended for "unprofessional conduct."

During the ending of last night's Raw taping in Seattle, Washington, a number of WWE personalities and staff were assembled on the stage in honor of the retiring Bryan Danielson. At the end of that segment, which aired on Raw before going live on the WWE Network, Danielson returned to the locker room after passing through the center of the assembled WWE personnel.

As WWE talents returned to the back, O'Neill grabbed WWE owner Vince McMahon in what was described to us as in a "playful, physical way." McMahon responded by shoving O'Neil away. McMahon's shove of O'Neill actually made it onto the final seconds of the broadcast. We are told that McMahon was angry at being grabbed and that led to the suspension.

When O'Neil arrived at Smackdown, he was informed he was going sent home. The word making the rounds is that the suspension could be for upwards of 90 days. That would put O'Neil out of action through May, which means he would be missing Wrestlemania 32.

O'Neil, 39, signed with WWE in 2009 and is best known as one half of the Prime Time Players, although he's been used most recently in a singles role. He's been very active in local community outreach where he lives in Tampa. O'Neil had lost to Adam Rose earlier during the Raw broadcast.

Last night, the WWE Network exclusive video of Bryan Danielson's farewell was removed from Youtube and WWE.com as well as the WWE Network. It is likely that WWE is going to edit the snippet at the end out before restoring the videos.

(PWInsider)

Vince looked really pissed after Titus jacked him by his arm on Monday...

The combination of this post and the signature GIF makes me think Rainmakah!!!

In all seriousness like others have said before me, inappropriate by Titus O'Neil.

• Like 1

There's also a difference between doing something with the boss on a private flight full of wrestlers and doing it on nationwide television.

It's definitely not the kind of thing that they want to encourage - if Titus does it and gets nothing, everyone's gonna think it's okay.

True, but a week-long suspension without pay and a de-push gets that message across.  90 days is crossing into a movie star telling assistants not to look them in the eyes territory.

• Like 1

There's also a difference between doing something with the boss on a private flight full of wrestlers and doing it on nationwide television.

It's definitely not the kind of thing that they want to encourage - if Titus does it and gets nothing, everyone's gonna think it's okay.

True, but a week-long suspension without pay and a de-push gets that message across.  90 days is crossing into a movie star telling assistants not to look them in the eyes territory.

It's possible it might not have been the first offense for Titus.  Definitely seems a bit harsh but 90-day suspensions seem relatively standard for WWE - and if it is because of the incident on Raw, Vince/et al might want to set an example.

It was so far after 11:00, and Bryan was already through the curtain. Maybe he thought it was all over and they were heading in. It'd still be in front of the crowd, so that's not THAT much better, mind you.

There's only one black dude in the company?

Damn!

Everybody's Shelton Benjamin to Vince.

(Also that was a poorly-written sentence, but I am on my phone and writing quickly.)

I think they came down on him because of the situation.  Sure it was a celebration of DB's accomplishments, but it was also a tough moment for him, a lot of the performers, and the fans.  It was the wrong time and place.  He should have used better judgement.

Bryan had already walked to the back the moment was over. I think it was just Titus trying to relieve the tension by horsing around with Vince. If it wasn't caught on camera I doubt he'd be punished this severely.

For the people saying the punishment is harsh, this is the same Vince that yelled at Batista, Jericho, Malenko and the ref in the Jericho/Batista match about Batista blading and proceeded to levy a gigantic fine against Batista and, for how much they're paid, hefty fines for everyone else involved. Clearly Titus isn't making Batista money, so a suspension is what he gets.