DVDVR Message Board

The Big Game, v.50

steve

Did the stadium order the gold ticker tape thinking the 49ers were making the big game?

Super Bowl 50 = golden anniversary of the big game.  Gold for everyone!

49th anniversary. Don't use WWE maths!

They just don't want to call it Super Bowl L. Although, will next year be Super Bowl LI, or are they going with non-roman numerals from here on out?

From that point on they should cycle through the names of Bruce Lee impersonators.  So Superbowl LI wold be followed by Superbowel LE and the Superbowl LAI, and then Superbowl LEE BRUCE.

What about Superbowl LEroy?

• Like 1

Did the stadium order the gold ticker tape thinking the 49ers were making the big game?

Super Bowl 50 = golden anniversary of the big game.  Gold for everyone!

49th anniversary. Don't use WWE maths!

They just don't want to call it Super Bowl L. Although, will next year be Super Bowl LI, or are they going with non-roman numerals from here on out?

From that point on they should cycle through the names of Bruce Lee impersonators.  So Superbowl LI wold be followed by Superbowel LE and the Superbowl LAI, and then Superbowl LEE BRUCE.

What about Superbowl LEroy?

After we run out of Clones of Bruce Lee, next will be Blaxploitation women.  So Superbowl Velvet Smooth...followed by Superbowl Friday Foster...and so on...

Wade Phillips may not be a great head coach but my goodness, is he a great defensive coordinator.

They could go into next year with BAROCK #17 as the QB and not be all that worse off, that's how good their defence was this season.

They could go into next year with Jimmy Clausen and be in good shape, honestly.

Holy fuck that defense is scary. 

This was like all Denver games this year, they won cause of the D and not Manning.

My wife watched the 4th quarter with me and she said two things: 

1. Has Peyton played this awful or looked this bad the whole game? Which I told her he has but he has had a couple good throws. (Manning is statistically the worst QB to win a SB, his stats this year were awful)

2. Von Miller is a scary man, in a good way. She couldn't believe how big and fast he is and that no one could block him. Even she asked why Carolina wasn't putting two guys on him.

All I ask for with every Super Bowl is a good entertaining game. I was entertained tonight. Both of those Defenses were amazing but Denver's was on a whole other level. 

One last thing: FUCK Peyton.

• Like 1

Holy fuck that defense is scary.

This was like all Denver games this year, they won cause of the D and not Manning.

My wife watched the 4th quarter with me and she said two things:

1. Has Peyton played this awful or looked this bad the whole game? Which I told her he has but he has had a couple good throws. (Manning is statistically the worst QB to win a SB, his stats this year were awful)

2. Von Miller is a scary man, in a good way. She couldn't believe how big and fast he is and that no one could block him. Even she asked why Carolina wasn't putting two guys on him.

All I ask for with every Super Bowl is a good entertaining game. I was entertained tonight. Both of those Defenses were amazing but Denver's was on a whole other level.

One last thing: FUCK Peyton.

Yes, this season was excruciating to watch and Peyton looked worse through most of it. Von Miller is a once in a lifetime talent.

But hey almost all of you guys were wrong and those of you who were not Panthers fans... Peyton has two rings.

Thanks Vincey and the Panther brigade for being classy... Don't worry... It will come.

As far as the rest? Arn Anderson said it best. "You might not like us, you may hate us... But the one thing you have to call us is CHAMPS."

I mean Peyton played pretty bad most of the season, but I'm sure there's a season or two in the past where his defense was mediocre and his offense paid the price for it.  He can keep the ring.

Hopefully he retires so he can freely admit he did all the HGH and deer antler spray he could find when his neck was messed up, while doing the dab dance.