DVDVR Message Board

The Big Game, v.50

steve

Holy fuck that defense is scary.

This was like all Denver games this year, they won cause of the D and not Manning.

My wife watched the 4th quarter with me and she said two things:

1. Has Peyton played this awful or looked this bad the whole game? Which I told her he has but he has had a couple good throws. (Manning is statistically the worst QB to win a SB, his stats this year were awful)

2. Von Miller is a scary man, in a good way. She couldn't believe how big and fast he is and that no one could block him. Even she asked why Carolina wasn't putting two guys on him.

All I ask for with every Super Bowl is a good entertaining game. I was entertained tonight. Both of those Defenses were amazing but Denver's was on a whole other level.

One last thing: FUCK Peyton.

Yes, this season was excruciating to watch and Peyton looked worse through most of it. Von Miller is a once in a lifetime talent.

But hey almost all of you guys were wrong and those of you who were not Panthers fans... Peyton has two rings.

Thanks Vincey and the Panther brigade for being classy... Don't worry... It will come.

As far as the rest? Arn Anderson said it best. "You might not like us, you may hate us... But the one thing you have to call us is CHAMPS."

Whooooooooo.

That was an absolutely brutal game to watch.  Even so, I am thankful for this season.  The Panthers made me as sports happy as I've been in a long time and even losing yesterday isn't enough to erase how much fun this season has been.  Hopefully there will be a good draft and some good personnel moves and we'll be back again sooner than later.

• Like 2

Last time the Superbowl game itself was dull, it was still agreat night because Price's halftime show was awesome. Whereas this time... Apparently the halftime show was all a pro-marriage equality thing, and Beyonce's whole deal was a tribute to the Black Panthers. Didn't pick any of that up from the actual broadcast, mind. I read about it in the papers this morning.

I am happy for Peyton.  Not too many guys have an opportunity to go out on top, so he should just go ahead and fucking retire.  He came back from death surgery and brought a trophy to Denver so he really has nothing left to prove.

I was talking with my friend on Skype last night and he came up with an interesting theory since he lives in the Bay Area and he's be subject to having to deal with Kapernick flaming out. The new breed of quaterback like Cam Newton isn't interested in winning. Oh sure they want to win. Have the great season, but they really don't care if they do "win" (as in win the only one that counts). I mean look at that play. Had he been able to get the ball after the fumble he could have still reasonably still been able to make a play and win at the end. But, he's making his money endorsements and stuff so what does he care.

So I was like "So Cam Newton is Football's Roger Dorn".

Jake Taylor: What I was concerned with was why you didn't come up with that grounder that Rockert hit in the 9th
Roger Dorn: It was out of my reach, what do you want me to do dive for it?
Jake Taylor: Rog, it could have meant the game!
Roger Dorn: oh come on cut the rah rah shit Taylor! Year after this I go free agent. Plus me and my agent got a couple of plans for life after baseball. So I am not about to risk major injury or displace this property for a collection of stiffs!

I hope after he got back to the locker room, his offensive line and guys like Thomas Davis (who by the way OMG that arm) had a stern talk with him. Honestly, after that crap I'd make him fight for his starting job next season. No heart what so ever.

I'm going to close this with the knowledge that Phantom Lord and EVA think that a guy who literally is shortening his life for our amusement doesn't have enough heart because:

1. He didn't dive after a football that he couldn't have recovered (and later dove for it anyway) or

2. He didn't answer questions about the biggest loss he's had in his professional life the right way.  

Y'all.  

Congratulations Denver.  

superbowl-rings-094.jpg

• Like 4